Pulling something out of nose after Rhinoplasty. Any suggestions?

Hello I had rhinoplasty about a week and two days ago and everything looks great. While looking up my nostrils this morning I noticed a hard black substance on the inside of the left one up against the middle of my nose where the curve is. I assumed it was dry blood and pulled on it with tweezers. It hurt but pulled off the skin. Almost felt like pulling off a scab. Theres was a little bit of blood but stopped bleeding about 1 minute after. I am scared I ruined my results:( Should I be worried?

Bleeding after surgery

Congratulations on your rhinoplasty, newnose1011! Everyone recovers differently and it really depends on what kind of rhinoplasty you had and if your wounds have all healed even inside your nose. Sometimes there are restrictions on heavy lifting or medications and thats why it is important to maintain follow up with your doctor and have your concerns addressed in person as well. Best of luck, MMT

Post-op rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. It is very normal to be swollen in the immediate postoperative period and to have dried blood inside the nostrils.  I always recommend that my patients do not attempt to remove this on their own, however, it is unlikely that you caused oany damage.  I recommend that you return to see your surgeon, as he/she will have a good idea of what to expect in regards to your specific progress, since they can evaluate you in relation to your preoperative appearance.

Best wishes and good luck

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained Plastic Surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question, Newnose1011. You should consult with your board certified facial plastic surgeon to learn more about the exact way that they performed the procedure. You should not be worried because there was a minimal amount of blood.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post Rhinoplasty Care Instructions

Hello Newnose1011 - I would discuss your concern with your surgeon, he would be able to assess the inside of your nose and determine what (if anything) was the consequence of pulling away the "scab". Try not to put anything or pull anything out of your nostrils in the meantime!