Pros and cons. Is it wise to do 2 procedures vs. one procedure at a time?

I am considering having a Tummy Tuck and Breast reduction and I have read somewhere that depending on certain procedures there's law that limits the amount of fat that can be extracted during a given procedure. 1 procedure 4000cc vs 2 procedure's 1000cc. Granted I don't know what 1000cc looks like , but I'm sure it's less than 4000cc. Great prices for combos , but I don't want to sacrifice my results of one are for the other. The price makes the decision hard. Recommendations?

It is more about your safety and survival of the operative events! Than the cheap fees quoted!!! Yes in the State of Florida there are strict office surgery guidelines. Rule concerning liposuction: If the lipo is done as a stand alone operation than 4 liters per fat can be removed (about 6+ pounds). If combining the liposuction with any other operation i.e. TT or Breast Reduction can ONLY remove 1 liter of fat (1 to 1.5 pounds!). Sounds like you need 2 separate operations to me! Based upon the in clothed photo of yourself here on RS. Safety first and at that low fee there is no safety!

Pros and cons of combination surgery?

Generally speaking, combination surgical procedures are done routinely.  However, you are wise in being concerned about the safety of combination surgery; risks/possible complications do increase with increased length of surgery…    It is best to evaluate each patient's suitability for combination surgery on an individualized basis. During this consultation process, after a complete history and physical, the SAFETY  of combining these surgical procedures becomes of paramount importance.  Plastic surgeon, anesthesia provider, duration of surgery, surgery facility all important  considerations. 

Your best bet: choose your plastic surgeon very carefully; everything else including  good judgment/advice/planning, anesthesia provider and safe surgery facility will follow. Best wishes.

Combined procedures.

a consult with a boarded plastic surgeon would be appropriate. If you need a large reduction and full Abdominoplasty, the procedure could be a bit long which introduces more risk. In Florida, the rules re lipo are 1000 cc of settled fat IF another procedure is done at same time.Straight lipo can go up tom3000 cc if done alone. This involves safety.

Robert V. Mandraccia, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Combined Procedures

Additional procedures that may enhance the result are Liposuction, Breast Procedures, or Thigh Lift. Mommy makeovers usually include multiple operations.  Brazilian “butt enhancement” can be done at the same time to provide best body contours. Arm reduction or brachiaplasty is also common. The best thing to do would be to discuss all of your options in consultation with your plastic surgeon, and determine which ones you think would be best for your desired results.

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question. Yes, these two procedures can be performed together as long as you are in overall good health and cleared for elective surgery by your primary care doctor. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Two Procedures vs. One

It is common to combine procedures, and the combination you want is referred to as a Mommy Makeover.  The safety is dependent on the expertise of the surgeon and the health of the patient. Be sure to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who will determine if it is safe for you. Good luck.

Miguel Delgado, MD