What procedure can be done? (photos)

I am 21 years old and have always been extremely self conscious about the way my vagina looks. I'd like to know what procedures could be done and an estimate of how much it would cost

Labiaplasty

You're a great candidate for a labiaplasty. I would recommend you do the modified posterior wedge technique such as the one I developed called the True Labiaplasty. I believe it can give you the best aesthetic results and it can enhance your sexual sensations. Few physicians in the country do these, but I think it's the best. Details are on the link below. Good luck.

Grapevine OB/GYN

What to do about protruding labia and clitoral hood skin?

From the way you've displayed your labia, I assume that you're displeased with the protrusion of loose skin at the clitoral hood and labia minora. This area can be contoured to achieve a sleeker, smoother low-profile appearance with clitoral hood and labia minora reduction. The extensive nature of your loose skin makes this an expert-level case and should be handled by someone with experience in clitoral hood contouring to avoid getting botched.

Self-conscious about appearance of labia: what to do??!

You are a classic candidate for a labiaplasty, either via V-wedge or curvilinear modification, but best performed by an experienced cosmetic gynecologist or plastic surgeon who SPECIALIZES in labiaplasty. Please visit the weblink below to see how things should turn out; many other areas on this website to educate you- take your time & navigate this educational site!. There are many skilled surgeons in the Miami area, but take your time & interview at least 2-3!

Michael P Goodman MD

Labia reduction for excess tissue

You have 100% normal anatomy.  If you are distracted by excess labia tissue (cosmetically, functionally in tight pants, etc.) then labiaplasty is a reasonable choice.  This is typically done in the office under local anesthesia.  Swelling is prolonged since this part of your body is difficult to elevate. Recovery to do most things is about a day.  Sexual activity can usually resume in about 2-3 weeks.

The surgery itself can be done one of two ways: the "trim" or the "wedge."  I prefer the trim technique since the results are good and the complication rate is very low.  The wedge purports to offer a more normal labial edge, but there is more disruption of nerves and blood supply, and if there is a wound healing complication it requires another surgical procedure to repair.

Be sure to see a surgeon who has a lot of experience in this arena and can show you  a comprehensive portfolio of pre- and post-op pictures.

Labiaplasty recommendations

Based on your pictures you will need both a clitoral hood and prepuce reduction along with a sculpted labiaplasty to reduce the amount of excess skin. It's hard to see from this picture which labiaplasty technique would be better to give you your desired look. Both techniques would reduce the amount if skin but will have a different appearance and function. I recommend seeing a surgeon that us able to explain the difference in benefit and risks and be able to accommodate to your desired result. Best of luck.

Peter Castillo, MD, FACOG
Bay Area Urogynecologist

WHAT PROCEDURES CAN BE DONE.?

Dear Ms Rosesander:

We appreciate your question but you really make it hard to answer without knowing exactly what bothers you about the appearance of your external vagina (aka vulva).   Most of us here on Realself don't want to tell a woman what to get because many of us believe all womens' vagina/ vulva are normal.  It is only abnormal if it bothers you during activity, wearing tight clothing or during intercourse or when YOU say you don't like the appearance of a particular area.  

With the above comments in mind and based upon my 20 years of experience performing cosmetic vaginal surgery and the very fact that you are writing to this website I would assume you are considering: 1) labia minora reduction. Based upon the aerial view of the 3rd photo (i.e. looking downward on the clitoral hood and clitoris - I would assume this view bothers you or you would not have sent the pictures.  If that is indeed the situation -- you could consider a clitoral hood reduction and a clitoralpexy to lessen the protrusion of the clitoral area.  Another way to reduce the protruding area ( this is an option) is to perform fat transfer to the labia majora closer to and hugging the clitoral area.  

You have asked for prices i.e. what it would cost in my office :  labiaplasty $4500, clitoral hood reduction $2500, clitoropexy $1500 and autologous fat transfer $2500.  I personally believe I get the best results with my patients under anesthesia. This procedure (all 4) would take about 2 hours and I prefer a woman to be asleep during the surgery. So this would require you have anesthesia and in the operating room and out the same day.

I encourage you to not choose a surgeon on price alone but instead choose your surgeon on : surgical outcomes, experience and expertise.  Study and research you surgeon well you only have one chance to do the operation right the first time.  A botched surgery leaves the patient distraught, angry and depressed as well a second operation  usually costs more money and is harder to perform.

John R Miklos MD
Cosmetic Vaginal Surgeon
Atlanta ~ Beverly Hills  ~ Dubai

What can be done to fix my body and how much will it cost?

I reviewed your photos and your anatomy is normal and healthy in appearance.  I suspect that its the size of your labia minora that is bothering you and possibly the size of your opening.  You appear to be a thin woman based upon these photos.  Petite women have smaller outer lips or labia majora - this can make the inner lips appear more pronounced.    Reduction of the labia minora and skin over the clitoris would likely give you the appearance you desire. This would cost about 4500 dollars.  A discussion about what specifically bothers you would be necessary. 

Restoring with Female Genital Enhancement and the Costs

I perform a variety of treatments and surgeries to enhance, restore and rejuvenate the female genital region. This includes procedures to improve moisture, sensitivity and tighten the vaginal canal; which can enhance orgasm and restore or improve the appearance of the vulva. This includes the labia minora, labia majora, the clitoral region and the vestibule of the vagina.
A vaginoplasty (commonly referred ton as vaginal rejuvenation) is when a diamond shaped section of tissue is excised from the inside of the vagina and brought down to the outside of the vagina.
If necessary, this may be combined with a #Labiaplasty which is a surgical procedure that will reduce and/or reshape the #labia. Labia minora are the inner lips of the vagina that cover the female clitoris and vaginal opening. Women with excessively large labia may experience pain during sexual relations, feel discomfort during normal activities or while wearing tight clothing. Or, the labia may be asymmetric or may #hang below the labia majora (the outer lips of the vagina) which some women find this unattractive. At times the outer labia or labia majora may also be excessively large, uneven, or may be too small. The size may be increased with fat injections.
Candidates for treatment include women concerned about the appearance of their genitals, those who experience discomfort, pain or difficulty with sexual relations.The specific problems are noted below in each section. These problems may exist at birth or with growth and development. They can occur with childbirth or other trauma to the region. All of these issues can cause a woman great emotional distress that is often difficult to talk about with their partner, friends and even their doctor.
Costs for #CosmeticLabIaplasty and #CosmeticFemaleSurgery depend upon the specific surgery that is requested, type of anaesthesia, experience of the surgery, and geographic location. Estimated fees can be found here on Real Self, and the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery website.

Vaginoplasty

Vaginoplasty removes the redundant skin of the labia minora while maintaining a natural shape and minimizing complications.  I prefer a superiorly based flap technique that keeps a natural shape and sensation maintaining the upper labia minora with a wedge reduction of the redundant tissue for best results.