Which procedure would help me get rid of my back fat!? (photos)

Hi, I've always had these back rolls which are the hardest to get rid of and I'm wondering what procedure would be the most effective at bringing out my curves and achieving a "no roll" back. I'm thinking of doing liposuction but a friend is saying due to my excessive skin and size of roll, i may have to do a bra/back lift. Additionally, would i be at high risk for surgery as a 26 yr old, 6'0, 250 pound female. (please see pics)

Which procedure would help me get rid of my back fat!?

Thank you for your question and photographs.  Based on the amount of tissue sagging present to your flank and back regions you would have the best outcomes with a combination of liposuction and skin resection to remove the excess skin tissue.  Hope this helps.

Liposuction for back fat?

Thank you for asking about your back rolls.
  • From your photos, it looks as though you might need excision of the roll and liposuction.
  • Or liposuction and a V cannula release of the indentation may be enough.
  • An exam is needed to be sure.
  • As for safety, your BMI is 33.9 - you are heavy but not too heavy to have either procedure safely, if your health is good.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FAC

You could try aggressive layered liposuction but you really need to use 40 more pounds to be sure the skin contracts a little. If it does not than ONLY excision surgery will help but there will be a scar.. Fee for my back lipo is $5,000.

Best procedure to tighten back

From your photos it seems like the best option would be a skin removal procedure along with liposuction. The incision would be along your bra line. The best results come when the liposuction is done first, and all the swelling is allowed to go away before skin tightening. However, for most patients it's reasonable to consider doing both at the same time to avoid having two surgeries. Of course and in person consultation is best to figure out the best option for you. As to your height and weight, that alone does not make you higher risk for major complications, but it may make it more likely that your incision will have a few areas that separate or heal slowly. Good luck pursuing your new look! 

Dana Goldberg, MD
Jupiter Plastic Surgeon