If I'm presenting capsular contracture on both of my breasts, how serious is that? Should I have them fixed or changed? (Photo)

I had a breast aug in 2008. 400cc Silicone-U/M. Like a year after i noticed the breasts were droopy and saggy. This makes no sense to me, since im only 25 and no kids. Before surgery i was 34b round and perky. I thought i've had a bad job done. Recently i had a consultation with a very good doctor and he told me i was presenting capsular contrature defenitely. If doing a new procedure, what are the best recomendations to make them look with higher profile, perkier and centered nipple?

Concerned about Capsular Contracture

One of the most common problems is breast capsular #contracture or the development of thickening, and contracture of the capsule that exists around the breast implants. Severe capsule contracture probably occurs in less than 15% of augmentation patients. Every woman has a breast capsule around their implant and this is a normal phenomenon. The capsule itself could be as thin as Saran Wrap but may also become calcified and thickened. As it thickens and shrinks, the patient may develop a feeling a firmness of the breasts and in its worst situation, the breast may become painful and abnormal in appearance, achieving a very round, hard, and uneven appearance. There may be distortion and possible breakage and leakage of an older implant, but may also include a newer #implant. Nicotine users, such as smokers, have up to a 30x increased risk of #capsular contracture.Saline implants may deflate spontaneously. When the patient has significant #symptoms, complete or partial leakage of their saline implant, or concerns regarding silicone leakage, it is recommended that the implant is removed and exchanged. Frequently, this is performed on both sides depending upon the age of the implant. Capsulotomy or opening of the capsule may be required or frequently capsulectomy, which is removal of the scarred capsule, is r#ecommended to ensure adequate pocket dimensions.New implants may then be placed in the same existing position or may undergo a change of #placement frequently from submammary to subpectoral position and, on occasion, the other way around.

Capsular contracture is not a health problem.

Capsular contracture is of no danger to your health. If the phenomenon is occurring there are several strategies to deal with the problem. Sometimes an operation is not necessary. These will be discussed with you by your surgeon.

Droopy breasts 8 years after implants

Thank you for your question about your breast implants.

• I am sorry you are unhappy with your result.
  • You have fairly large implants - 
  • Like large breasts, large implants can make breasts droop, just by their weight.
  • If you have a capsular contracture, repair is not necessary - it depends on how much pain if any you have, how much the shape bothers you and if ti deforms your breasts.
  • One can't tell from your photo if you have a contracture and if so, it would not be severe because the breast shape and position is normal.
  • An examination is needed to recommend what surgery might help you, but smaller implants would be part of the recommendation if you do not want implants to droop again.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Discerning the real issue

Lets pretend that you didn't hear the diagnosis of capsular contracture.  Starting from scratch what bothers you?  Are you happy with your size?  What made you come to the conclusion that a bad job had been done?
These are critical questions to answer for yourself before you ask anyone to revise your breasts.  
You have large and heavy implants and breast descent is accelerated and to be expected.  Important questions to consider are : are you happy with the feel and size of your breasts? - if so, likely just a breast lift could help lift and contour your breast.  If you find your breast size too large..consider moving down in size and combining this with a lift. 
Breast revision surgery requires that you work closely with a plastic surgeon you trust.  They can help you in the decision making process.  But first get clear on what you dislike with your current situation.

If I'm presenting capsular contracture on both of my breasts, how serious is that? Should I have them fixed or changed?

Only in person examination can allow that diagnosis to be made. Best to see a few Plastic Surgeons in person...

Breast implant question

Your photos do NOT look like CC but that needs an in person exam to feel for firmness. At least if you do have it, it isn't of the rock hard variety. As for the droopy issue, no matter how old you are your breasts can be droopy based on genetics, weight gain and loss etc.