How to prepare for my BBL procedure?

Hi, I am having my BBL procedure in 7 weeks and I would like to know what type of changes I should be making from now in terms of my eating habits or physical habits so that I can have a successful surgery and a faster surgery? I don't smoke. Inam 5'0 ft and 134 lbs and I am getting chin, arms, full back, and abdomen liposuctioned and fat transfer to the buttocks. Thanks

Preparing for a BBL

Thank you for your question. With most cosmetic surgery, it is recommended that you stop smoking six weeks before surgery. It is particularly important to increase the chances of survival of the fat grafts. Certain medications that increase the risk of bleeding such as Aspirin, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications, and some vitamins/homeopathic regimens should be discontinued prior to the surgery. Best of luck!

Dhaval M. Patel 

Double Board Certified 

Plastic Surgeon 

Hoffman Estates 

Barrington  

Oakbrook 

Chicago 

Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

How to prepare for my BBL procedure?

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us.

In my patients, they can expect between 60-80% of the fat to survive. The survival rate depends both on the genetics of your body and the skill of the surgeon.

Post surgery, you should follow the plan laid out to you by your surgeon, and avoid putting pressure on your backside (sitting) when possible.

Good luck, please let us know how it goes.
- Dr. Constantino Mendieta

Constantino G. Mendieta, MD

Preparing for a BBL

This is something most plastic surgeons will review with your patients during the consultation.

I suggest you call or email your plastic surgeon and ask him or her what their recommendations are.

If you're young and healthy you should not need any real preparation at all.

Still, there is no substitute for a while educated patient with a good doctor patient relationship.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Preparing for BBL Procedure

Thanks for your question. Every surgeon will have different instructions. I recommend you ask your surgeon about his/her pre-op instructions.

Dr. Newall

German Newall, MD