Post Surgery | Girdle Use

Hi. I got breast reduction and lifting, lipo on my back a thighs, and an abdominoplasty exactly 40 days ago. Do i still have to wear the girdle everyday all the time?? I wear wirefree bras, and the girdle; but truth is I'm tired of it. Do i have to sleep with still?

Compression Garments Following your Mommy Makeover

The purpose of the post-procedure #garment is to provide some gentle #support and to reduce swelling following a #TummyTuck or #Abdominoplasty. If it feels too tight or causes pain, take it off. Patients wear the #elastic garment for several weeks after surgery, as directed by their doctor. Some choose to wear it longer for several months for comfort. If you have concerns about your #healing, or pain that you question to be unusual, it is important to call your plastic surgeon to discuss these further asked to be examined.

Postoperative garments.

The use of garments after body contouring surgery is fairly routine. Most surgeons use some sort of compression garment, however the duration of use is dependent upon each surgeons own postoperative routine. If you want to know if you still need to wear the garment, call your surgeon. RealSelf is not a substitute for communicating with your plastic surgeon.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Compressive garments after mommy makeover surgery.

In my own practice I asked patients to wear a compressive garment is much as they can for six weeks after mommy makeover surgery. Recommendations however will vary from surgeon to surgeon.

Post Surgery | Girdle Use aaga Miami, FL 1 day ago

Best to ask for surgeon the specific post operative protocols he uses?? I recommend 3 weeks bout YOU are not my patient....

Post Surgery

This is definitely a question I would ask your plastic surgeon as everyone has different post-op instructions. How you heal in the first several weeks can also impact the decisions. Check with you plastic surgeon for specifics. Good luck, Dean Vistnes.

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon