Just had my first post-op appointment. Is this normal? (photos)

Is it normal to have a little blood stain on the incision? I just showered and put on my surgical bra and there's a tiny blood stain. Since its tiny, I'm considering its normal. Also at 5 days post op I'm assuming that it's normal for the implants to be at my chest and not so much full at the bottom. Is this true? I'm more concerned about the tiny blood stain. I hope this is normal. Also, when I was taped up I had a blood stain on that area as well.

Post op

A blood "stain" as opposed to fresh blood is not a problem. If you note new bledding, let your Plastic Surgeon know.

It is normal for implants to sit high and tight on the chest until they begin to drop & Fluff- between 2-6 months post op.

All the best

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided pictures with information as well. I recommend you to get another appt with your plastic surgeon. It is not unusual to have a little stain..

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Blood stain

It is not unusual to have a little stain after the dressings are removed for the first time.  If it gets much worse, give a call to your PS.

Ramiro Morales, Jr., MD
Pembroke Pines Plastic Surgeon

Yes, it is completely normal for there to be a bit of blood along the incision line. It can also take anywhere from 3-6 months for your breasts to fully heal and drop/settle into their new position. So, be kind and patient with yourself as your body heals. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Is this normal?

Congratulations on your breast augmentation.

Blood stain on the incision is normal. 
High-riding implants are also normal/expected.  Depending on your body and implant size, implants can take up to 3-6 months to settle.
Please follow your plastic surgeon's post-op instruction.
Best regards.

Blood stain post op

This is normal and may be a suture poking it's way out.since you are only 5 days post op you still are swollen so be patient.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

First postop appointment

Thanks for your question and photos.  From what you have described it sounds like everything is on track.  The position of your implants at 5 days post op is normal as well.  Over the next several months your implants will begin to drop lower into their pocket.  Keep an eye on the amount of drainage.  If you notice any changes, then you should contact your surgeon's office for an appointment.  Best of luck!

First-op appointment

Thank you for the question. You are still early in the post operation recovery stage so a little blood is normal.  It usually takes about 8-12 weeks for the wounds to heal and around 4-6 months for the implants to fully settle. It would be best to visit your board-certified plastic surgeon and get a full assessment if you have other concerns. Best of luck. Dr. Michael Omidi.

An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess your needs and provide true medical advice.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

First postop

A small amount of blood is definitely normal.  The shape of your breasts will improve with time.  From your photo, it appears everything is going very well.  Congratulations on your surgery!

Shim Ching, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon