Post bariatric surgery options? Considering BA, TT, and BBL (Photo)

I had lap band surgery in 2008 and lost 130 lbs. I have excess skin in tummy area, arms and legs. I was also left with deflated breasts and butt. I would like to do as big of a transformation as possible in one surgery. Would I be an ideal candidate for breast augmentation (with lift???), BBL and extended TT all in one surgery? What else would you recommend (arm lift and inner thigh?) I carry a lot of weight in thigh area and I would love to suction from there for BBL if that is an option.

Planning post-bariatric surgery

Thank you for your question about your body lifting.

• Congratulations on your weight loss!
  • Your photos suggest you need a lower body lift, not just a tummy tuck.
  • It isn't clear if you need a lift - a breast augmentation might be able to be done at the same time as the body lift, because you look quite slim now.
  • A BBL should be done later =- and will depend on the amount of fat available.
  • You do not seem to carry much fat now - you may need a thigh lift, not liposuction but an exam is needed.
Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Body Lift And Breast Lift With Augmentation After Weight Loss

Congratulations on your weight loss and thank you for your question. Abdominal and breast surgery are often done together, therefore allowing you to only undergo anesthesia once. I recommend waiting to do your arms and legs because the results from the first procedure are considerable, and this often changes my patient’s plans for an additional procedure on their arms and legs. A Body Lift or extended Tummy Tuck would be a good choice for you, as well as a lift with augmentation. It’s advisable to seek out a surgeon who has extensive experience with these surgeries and is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Mary Lee Peters, MD

Options?

Thank you for your questions and photos.  It appears that you would definitely benefit from the procedures you have mentioned after the weight loss.  Please be seen in person for a physical evaluation by a board certified plastic surgeon who is an expert in the procedures mentioned.

Post bariatric surgery options? Considering BA, TT, and BBL

One operation for ALL those areas is dangerous. I recommend at least 2 sessions in surgery. 1st: Extended TT with silicone implant and possible donut lift, 1 liter liposuction as allowed by Florida Board of Medicine office surgery rules, fat grafts of 500 cc's per buttock cheek. 
Second operation: Liposuction another liter with possible more fat grafting, brachioplasty, inner thigh lift. Best to seek only in person opinions from private practice boarded PSs in South Florida. 

Post bariatric surgery options? Considering BA, TT, and BBL.

Congratulations on the 130 lb. weight loss!  You have already accomplished the largest step in improving both your health and appearance.  From your photos, I believe you would be an excellent candidate for the the procedures your are considering - BA, TT, BBL, etc.  Check, First with both your primary physician and surgeon to  see what procedures they feel are reasonably safe to combine.  Set up a priority list.  You may want to have the TT and BA performed first and save the BBL for a secondary procedure.  Best wishes, Dr lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Post-bariatric reconstruction

Congratulations on your massive weight loss! We perform combination procedures all the time provided you are a candidate. Even though in person exam is essential- from your photos it appears that you a great candidate for body lift/contouring procedures. I would recommend starting with extended abdominoplasty ( tummy tuck) with flank liposuction, as well as breast lift/ sub-muscular augmentation first- this combination of procedures will give you the most immediate rewarding results. I do not recommend doing BBL at the same time as Tummy Tuck - as the post-op instructions for each procedure will contradict one another. Seek an experienced Board Certified PS who specializes in post- bariatric reconstruction

About the Mommy Makeover and Ideal Candidates

It's difficult to suggest without a in-person one-on-one consultation. The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. #MummyTummy is a term given to modified tummy tucks which can use liposuction and skin tightening with radiofrequency such Vanquish, Vela3, thermage, thermiRF and others.  The actual fat contouring can be done non-surgically as well with #UltraShape or Cool-Sculpting. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction. 
Many procedures can be combined. Cosmetic procedures such as Brazilian Butt Lift (#BBL), Thigh Lift (#TL) and Mommy Makeover (#MMO), which usually concentrates on the breast and abdomen areas, may be combined together. However, I look at the risk factors such as surgery time greater than 6 hours, or #anesthesia time, increased risks of DVT, prolonged  #healing, #positioning after surgery to name a few, which are a lot to consider. These factors are relative to performing any variety of combinations. 
The suitability of your procedures and any specific risks may be determined during you #consultation. Your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. All surgical #procedures carry some degree of #risk. Always discuss your issues and concerns with the Plastic Surgeon during and following your consultation. Also, another element to a #satisfying result of your procedures are realistic #expectations.

Mommy makeover after massive weight loss. Some advices:

Congratulations on your weight loss, and thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I recommend you perform a Breast Lift to treat the sagging breast skin getting a good projection, and also Implants  "Cohesive Gel - Silicón Breast Implants" with textured cover ("gummy bear implants") They are quite safe and aesthetically best as they give a firmer consistency, better projection and natural appearance.

Also, with the Tummy Tuck, I would like to perform weist and lateral liposuction to give you a better body contour.
In this regard, for safety reasons, to be a good candidate for TT+ weist/lateral Lipo + BL w/ Implant Exchange, your labs and cardiovascular preoperative evaluation should be in optimal ranges, that allows us to make a safe procedure.

It's very important to make a pre-op preparation before the surgery, advising the patient to take certain measures that helps to have a successful surgery with very good results.
In this regard, I recommend be treated by a skilled and certified plastic surgeon, with special training in Plastic Surgery After Weight Loss, and experienced in cases like yours where the planned operating time have to be less than four hours, Therefore, it will use different surgical techniques and special safety measures for the ex-obese patient.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Post Bariatric Surgery Options

Congratulations on your successful weight loss.  If your weight is now steady and you are in good nutritional status, then you are a good candidate for body contour surgery to complete your "makeover".  Generally, an extended tummy tuck or a total body lift can be done with a breast augmentation/lift.  From your photos, I can't predict whether you would actually need the breast lift or if just adding the volume of an implant will both firm up, enlarge, and lift your breasts enough.  Decisions on which procedures would give you the best result can only be made after a personal examination.  Arm and thigh surgery are often staged together, along with a Brazilian butt lift.  Safety needs to be the first priority, and these procedures can be quite lengthy, so staging them is important to reduce the risk of serious complications, as well as a more comfortable recovery.

Richard G. Schwartz, MD

Thanks for the pictures, very helpful. 

congratulations on your weight loss. 

I believe in doing the procedure by stages, is more secure. 

we usually do combination of procedures, as long as you re healthy. 

after all that weight most of those procedures are needed. 

contact a board certify plastic surgeon even if it was out of the US.

good luck!

Eduardo Mejia, MD