Persistently asymmetric nose after closed rhinoplasty? (Photos)

post-op day #12 Baseline nose was very asymmetric including significant curvature in the lower 1/3 and uneven nostrils. The surgeon suggested that removing the extra left lower lateral cartilage would correct it. Although it appears more straight, there seems to be a straight midline deviation towards the left. Additionally, i find that the upper lateral cartilage needs correction to achieve more symmetry, unsure which side or what type of correction. Any opinions/recommendations are welcome.

2 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

It's too early to make value judgments with only 2 weeks after a rhinoplasty.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Too soon to judge

I know that it is frustrating to not come out of surgery with the nose of your dreams, but it is way too early to judge your results. It may take anywhere form 6 months to a year for the swelling to fully resolve and for you to see your final results. For now, be patient and kind to yourself as your body continues to heal. It will get better.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry after rhinoplasty

It is way too early to begin to assess your results at only twelve days out.

Wait at least 6 months and then see how you are.  It takes a long time for nasal tip contours to evolve after rhinoplasty.

1 and a half weeks post op

ag707, I hate to say it, but it is very early on in the healing process.  Believe it or not,  after the cast is removed, the nose swells back up - the swelling goes away asymmetrically, meaning some parts of your nose will have decreased swelling faster than others.  It is very early on to determine whether fine asymmetries that are present now, will be present in two weeks, let alone long term.  Keep note of all these concerns, and bring them up at your next post operative visit.  Depending on what was done during the surgery, you may have more swelling in certain spots than others - and your surgeon will be aware of this.  Remember, you will be in pretty good shape quickly, but that last 5-10% of fine detail can take a full year to settle down.  Best of luck! I hope some of this helps! 

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon