Need to perform a breast lift, however I have dense breast so results may not last. Do I need a reduction as well? (photos)

See photos below. I currently wear a 38DDD Vicky secret bra, but I appear much smaller than those who have had reductions. I weigh 191 lbs and am 5 ft 7 inches. Maybe I can lose weight to avoid a reduction?

Breast Lift vs Redudtion

In general, a breast lift or mastopexy will result in a perky breast with the areola size that is proportional. A breast reduction will give the same result as the mastopexy but will also result in smaller breast volume. Since gravity works on mass, the smaller the breasts the longer the left will last. If weight loss is a possibility for you and can be maintained, it would probably be a good idea  to lose weight before proceeding with breast surgery.

Breast reduction

Losing weight first may cause your breasts to shrink a bit.  If you do not think you are able/capable of losing weight, then a breast reduction may be reasonable.

I agree you would be best served with a reduction and a lift.  Because of a significant amount of skin is removed during a lift, the parenchyma of the breast must also be reduced for the operation to work.  Best wishes, Dr. T

Weight transfer breast lift for dense breasts

Thank you for your question and photos.
Even if you choose to loose weight, your breasts will still need to be lifted. The Horndeski Method is best for women that have dense breast tissue. Look at the video attached to see what current techniques can accomplish without implants or a vertical incision.
Best wishes and kind regards,

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction

It does appear you would benefit from a breast reduction which includes a breast lift as well to reduce the size of your breast and achive a a better shape and form.

good luck!

Need to perform a breast lift, however I have dense breast so results may not last. Do I need a reduction as well?

In my over the internet opinion you need a Reduction/Lift + bilateral areolar reduction. weight loss will NOT improve the appearance of your breasts, only give a more saggy appearances. Plus you need tp be aware of the potential severe scarring involved. Best to seek only in person opinions from boarded PSs in MIAMI. Insurance might ever the surgery?

Breast lift with small reduction.

I would definitely recommend a breast reduction with your lift. A DDD is a lot to carry around and if you have a lift with this large size you will likely sag again soon. Good luck.