Pain from throwing and catching a football at the beach 11.5 weeks after Ba under muscle silicon gel 395CC incision under boob.

I figured being close to 12 wks post op that i was able to pass and catch a football with a friend at the beach. At the time it felt fine, so i was throwing the ball mabe harder than i should have and a few times i caught the ball in the air it may have bounced off my chest. we played for 30 mins but now 2days later im in agony. chest is aching my implants are sore 2 touch and my sternum gives me the feeling of indigestion. Have i done any damage? Is the pain caused from muscle or somethin else?

My suspicion is that you have sprained or strained a muscle during your activity.  However it is best that you have any examination by her plastic surgeon to make certain that there is nothing serious going on.  Please see her plastic surgeon and do not rely on Internet advice.

Overdoing it after Breast Augmentation

It sounds like you were overactive and caused some muscle "tear" similar to when over doing it at the gym. You should rest those muscles and use some anti-inflammatory medications as well as cold compresses for first 48 hrs followed by warm compresses. I instruct my patient to easy into physical activity at 6 weeks after surgery and any pain or discomfort is their body signaling to take it easy. If you continue having these symptoms you should consult with your surgeon.

Good luck!

Post Workout Pain

I allow my BA patients to return to regular exercise starting at 6 weeks post op but advise them to take it slowly. You likely overdid the workout and are just feeling normal muscle pain and soreness which will last a few days. If you have ongoing concerns don't hesitate to contact your Plastic Surgeon.

All the best

Breast augmentation recovery

You likely have just overdone it.  Your symptoms should improve with rest, cold compresses, and over the counter NSAIDS such as ibuprofen.  If you do not notice improvement, or it gets worse, contact your surgeon for an examination.

Camille Cash, MD

Breast augmentation: pain from playing football 11 weeks after surgery

You could be experiencing normal workout discomfort, but when concerned after breast augmentation, it's always best to be checked by your surgeon. At 3 months I routinely have patients with implants who skydive, scuba dive, bodybuild, and kickbox without doing any damage. Mammograms are possible at this time as well. I advise my patients that it is very difficult to do damage to their surgical results as early as 3 weeks, but regarding activity comfort, they should listen to their body. For more information on this and similar topics I recommend a plastic surgery Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths."

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Pain 12 weeks post after sports

This will likely resolve with time and conservative measures such as non-steroidal anti-inflammatories which you can purchase over the counter.  The pain is likely due to the muscle attachments and scar capsule around the implants pulling.   This will get better with time and use as well.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Pain 12 weeks after breast augmentation

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.

It sounds as though your pectoral muscles are bruised or swollen. I strongly suggest you call your plastic surgeon to be examined. 

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Exercise

Thank you for your question. Most patients are cleared to perform lifting > 10 pounds 4 - 6 weeks following breast augmentation. You may return to walking and light lifting sooner, but would not perform any strenuous activity without clearance from your surgeon. By 3 months most patients are able to return to strenuous physical activity. It is best to have an in-person follow up examination with your plastic surgeon if you are concerned. Good luck with your recovery.

Pain from throwing and catching a football

At nearly 12 weeks after surgery most patients are back to most if mot all of their preoperative activities.  Without examining you I suspect that this level of activity was a bit more than you were used to and you have some muscle strain from it.  This should resolve on its own maybe an anti-inflammatory like ibuprofen will be helpful.  If you have serious concerns I would contact your surgeon for an in person exam.  Best of luck.

Ralph R. Garramone, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Pain after activity

Without seeing you and examining you and knowing that you are 12 weeks after surgery, my impression is it is muscle pain and probably with that degree of football play that you probably have not done recently, you would've had the same muscle pain with or without implants. If you're concerned I would suggest you go back to your operating plastic surgeon for an examination. Best of luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS