What are my options? My breast implants dropped and I have zero cleavage? (Photos)

I got my breast done in February of this year. When they were first done, I loved how perky they were. Then they dropped, dropped, and dropped some more. I have zero cleavage, even with a bra on. I got 425cc round HP saline, under the muscle. Now 34DD but it doesn't look like I am because the lack of fullness. I loved my PS, I don't think it's anything he did. Is there anyway to get my full look that I want? Also with padded bras, my implants feel out of place, making it uncomfortable to wear.

Don't worry, be happy.

You have a very nice result. Your contention that you have "zero cleavage" is not confirmed by the photographs that you submitted. "Cleavage" means different things to different people. In general, as plastic surgeons, we consider it a term that defines the proximity of the breasts to each other in the midline, both in an out of a bra. All women's breasts will separate a bit outside the bra, and most bras, with the exception of minimizing sports bras, will therefore accentuate cleavage by bringing the breasts closer together. How far apart your breasts naturally sit is a function of your anatomy, and even though breast augmentation can enhance cleavage, it is not necessarily a function of your breast augmentation. 

In your case I would say congratulations to both you and your plastic surgeon on a very nice result. If you decide to have revision surgery (which is the only way to alter your nude appearance), if similar size implants are brought closer to the middle to accentuate your cleavage, your nipples will look further off sides on each breast, which is a variant of normal. If you use a wider and or bigger implant, you will notice more breast rubbing against your arm, and you will ultimately probably arrive at the need for revision surgery due to stretching and sagging, not to mention the possibility that larger implants will be cumbersome with athletic activity and potentially cause neck and back and shoulder discomfort a few years down the road. 

There is a wonderful saying that plastic surgeons often use to remind themselves and their patients that "Perfect is the enemy of good". In this case I would modify that statement to say "Perfect is the enemy of excellent". I would advise you to find happiness with your result and would not recommend that you seek to have revision surgery. Complications and unfavorable results can always be a potential after all surgery. You might regret your outcome. Best of luck to you. 

Mount Pleasant Plastic Surgeon

My implants have dropped and I have no central fullness

Thanks for the question.  I wish I could agree with you in any way imagined, but judging from the photos that you have included I must say that you have a very nice result!  Sorry that I can't help you at this time.

Good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

What are my options for cleavage?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs and I am sorry that your results have not been what you anticipated.  You have obtained a very nice result with no apparent issues from the augmentation taking place.  Unfortunately I believe your natural anatomy namely the width of your breast bone and footprint of your breast is preventing the cleavage you desire and there is no surgical way to improve upon your results. 

Cleavage

Cleavage after breast augmentation is defined by where your breast lives on the chest wall.  If its lateral with a lot of space in-between, trying to create it artificially often makes for a crazy looking breast with cockeyed nipples pointing outwards.  You have a nice result.  Enjoy it.  

Implants

You have a very nice result. Cleavage can not be forcibly created too much or else you might run in to problems. You are limit4ed by your underlying anatomy. 

Cleavage and implants

Your implants are centered behind your nipples, which means they are placed in an appropriate spot on your chest. Sometimes a textured implant with cohesive gel (like the Natrelle Inspira) can stay in place better, but it is hard to have implants stay high and tight like they are immediately post op. 

Based on your anatomy, if you choose a larger or wider implant, your breasts will only be a tiny bit closer together. However, they will stick out on the sides more.  This is because you have to center the implants under the nipple and because the muscle limits how close together your breasts can be.  You can also get more cleavage doing fat transfer to the upper and inner part of the breast. This is something best evaluated and discussed at an in person consultation. Start with your surgeon since you like him and he did a good job. 

Dana Goldberg, MD
Jupiter Plastic Surgeon

Uncomfortable result?

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. In my opinion you should talk with your surgeon if you are not comfortable with your results. 

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Since no in person examination has been done, my opinion is only based upon the posted photos. In my opinion your result is excellent!!!!! Maybe minor fat grafting could improve but why take that chance. Maybe you need a dose of 'realistic expectations'? 

My breast implants dropped and I have zero cleavage?

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast augmentation surgery. Based on your photographs, I think that you have a nice aesthetic outcome; I do not see any problems with breast implant displacement/malposition.

Best to discuss your concerns directly with your plastic surgeon, preferably in front of a full length mirror, and with the help of goal photographs. It is possible that revisionary breast surgery, potentially using larger or more projecting breast implants, will be necessary to achieve your desired aesthetic outcome.