How can I make my nose thinner? (Photo)

My nose so wide and looks fat,I want to thinner and small, I want to know more about this surgery's details and how much average cost?Thanks:D

Thinner nose

If you have never had rhinoplasty, that is important to note. Your skin is a little thick and oily, which will make it more difficult to get thinner. Your cartilages are softer which will need reinforcement by adding a strut graft. Your tip cartilages will need to be made smaller , but using a crural overlay to improve rigidity while narrowing your nasal tip. You will likely also need Weir nostril narrowing too.

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

How can I make my nose thinner?

Thank you for your question. If you are unhappy with the look of your nose, you think that you would be much happier after a rhinoplasty operation; if you had an accident and the shape of your nose got worsened after this accident; then you can be a good candidate for rhinoplasty operation. It is a well-known fact that individuals with feeling themselves beautiful have higher self-esteem. Therefore; if the look or functionality of your nose bothers you, you can get benefit from a rhinoplasty operation.

Thinning the nose concerns

Your nose has good bone structure that is already thin enough so this part can be left alone.
The bulbous and somewhat thick skinned lower part of the nose would be enhanced nicely from a good rhinoplasty.
     You need to do two important things to get the result you want
        1). You need to trim the lower lateral cartilages and add some cartilage to give support and angulation to the nose. 
        2) You must carefully and with proper experience thin the underlying fat and nasal skin to let the skin drape over the nasal structure and produce further angulation and shape.
    Many surgeons are afraid to thin the underlying skin of the nose because of the blood supply but in thick skinned noses there is no way to get the result you want without this thinning. Having done 4000 nose over the past 30 years I have been doing this successfully and without complication and achieving terrific results. I also do all my rhinoplasties especially those that do not need bone breaking with oral sedation and local anesthesia. This removes 95% of the risk and almost all the bleeding. There is no discomfort except for a few small needle sticks. In 1 week you will already see a major difference. You may want to have the nostrils thinned but this has a tendency to look unnatural and I avoid it unless there is an obvious aesthetic problem

How can I make my nose thinner?

The appearance of your nose can be improved with an artistically performed rhinoplasty. What would be the best option and exact procedure, full rhinoplasty, tip-plasty, and/oralar base reduction would depend on an examination and discussion about desired outcome.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive  rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or a facial plastic surgeon(otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

The length of the procedure, cost, and the specific operative steps to achieve an ideal cosmetic result vary from patient to patient and would depend on the findings at your consultation examination.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Making My Nose Thinner

Your entire nose including the tip and nasal base can be made thinner with rhinoplasty surgery. Select an experienced specialist so that you achieve a natural result.

Wide nose

Best to have in person consultations with boarded surgeons. You need tip work, wedges of alar rim, hump elevation and fractures. Fee from $5,000 to $10,000. 

How can I make my nose thinner?

You appear to be a good candidate for rhinoplasty- to make your nose look more feminine and elegant to match the rest of your features. I would schedule an in-person consultation with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and go over your options. Look at the doctor's before and after photos. For more info you can view more info here:

Rhinoplasty to narrow a wide nose

Narrowing  a wide nose is accomplished with multiple procedures performed at the time of the rhinoplasty procedure. Narrowing a wide bridge requires osteotomies placed in the nasal bones. When there is a low Bridge profile present, cartilage grafting techniques are performed to height to the bridge of the nose. A tip rhinoplasty is performed with suture techniques to narrow the nasal tip cartilages. Wide nostrils are narrowed with an alar plasty. For many examples and our rhinoplasty price list, please see the link below