Nose right after surgery. Any suggestions?

I had an open rhinoplaty + septoplasty 7 weeks ago, and i see my tip a bit crooked. Ive seen pictures right after surgery and it looked way different. Will my nose look like how it did right after surgery? And is the crookedness on the tip is due to aysmetric swelling. Please not my nose was deviated to the right and it has a deviated tip to the right and minor swelling on my left side of the bridge of the nose. Will all this go away? Thank you

No photos

We need photos to have a better understanding.  However, at 7 weeks post surgery, it is too early to tell what the final results will look like, so I suggest you wait at least another 3 months minimum.  Speak to your surgeon as well about your concern.

Swelling after rhinoplasty

J - without any pictures or knowing what was done in your surgery, it's hard to say. That being said, keep your head up. 7 weeks is not a long period of time, and often times the swelling in the nose can continue to alter how it looks for 3-4 months as it resolves! Different parts of the nose have different tissues, and, after surgery, the lymphatic drainage is altered.  This leads to asymmetric resolution of swelling.  It will continue to change, don't despair.  Continue to keep your doc up to date on the changes that are on going as sometimes if swelling is persisting in one area he may be able to adjust it with different office interventions such as injections, etc.  Best of luck!

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

2 months post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Healing nose

Swelling after rhinoplasty typically takes a long time to completely resolve. During the process the nose can often appear crooked and deviated due to asymmetric resolution of edema, etc. I recommend you stay the course and hopefully all will be well. Good luck!

Justin Cohen, MD
Washington DC Otolaryngologist