Is it normal for my nipples to start growing puffy again after gynecosmastia surgery? (Photo)

I had gynecosmastia surgery about three weeks ago and now I've started to notice that my nipples are becoming puffy again. A couple days after the surgery they were flat but now I've started to notice some changes. I've been wearing the vest but that hasn't help in keeping them flat. I would ask my surgeon about this but his office doesn't open until Monday. So is this something that I should worry about?

What to Expect after Gynecomastia Surgery

Following #Gynecomastia #surgery, your incisions will go through a maturation #process. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear.

Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely.

Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

I see the "puffy" N/A issue in the excellent posted photos. Yes this does bother me. So best to have a face to face with your chosen surgeon. Usually I wait for 3 months post operatively than consider doin=g a breast bud excision surgery revision. 

Is it normal for my nipples to start growing puffy again after gynecosmastia surgery?

Sorry, but online consultants will not be your best resource here. Your plastic surgeon, after examination, will be able to provide you with a diagnosis, advice, and/or meaningful reassurance. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be pleased with long-term.