Is it normal for my finger tips to be cold after mommy makeover surgery?

Cold Fingertips after Mommy Makeover Surgery

Cold #fingertips following a Mommy Makeover is not common. It's best to contact your plastic surgeon to discuss further or seek advice from a specialist accordingly. A neurologist may also be suitable. 

Not a usual complaint

I would follow up with your surgeon and your internist regarding cold fingertips.  It is not a common complaint after mommy makeover procedures.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Finger Tip Cold?

No, this is not normal, and not a sight affect of surgery.  Alert your surgeon, as well as your primary care physician for a referral to a specialist.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Finger tip cold?

Need more information to help you.  This is not normal and I recommend you see your surgeon to have this looked at and addressed.  Some causes could be preexisting carpal tunnel, positioning issue during your surgery etc.  Have your surgeon help you.  Hope this helps. 

Bhupesh Vasisht, MD
Voorhees Plastic Surgeon

Post-op cold fingertips

It is very unusual for a woman to complain of coldness in her fingertips after mommy makeover surgery. There could be several possibilities regarding the cause of this sensation, and most likely it is a temporary sensation. You should contact her plastic surgeon to go over the methods of looking into the cause of this problem.

Sheldon Lincenberg, MD

Cold finger tips

This is not a common side affect of the surgery.  It is best to contact your surgeon regarding your concerns and instructions with how to proceed.

Camille Cash, MD

Mommy make-over -- my fingers are cold

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.

• Cold fingers are not a common response to a mommy make-over.
  • You may be dehydrated or anemic
  • Please let your surgeon know -
  • If you were my patient I would want to talk to you myself and probably would want to see you.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

It seems you were NOT given any postoperative instructions from your surgeon/clinic? Best to call them and be seen TODAY with ALL your questions and concerns.