It's normal to feel your implants hard and tight after 6 days post op? (photo)

I had a breast lift with 300cc implants over the muscle, after 3 days post op my chest feels hard, over my nipple feels hard , tight and with zero movement of the implant. It feel like the pocket got really tight.

It's normal to feel your implants hard and tight after 6 days post op?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue..

Breast Lift with Implants

Thank you for your question about recovery from breast lift with implants.

Yes, results can feel tight an firm at 6 days post-op. That is usually completely normal.

For specific questions like this and about your recovery in general, it is best to speak directly with your doctor or doctor’s representative – such as his or her nurse, or the physician on call for the practice.

You will likely get many differing opinions from members of the RealSelf Community, but they have not physically seen or examined you. Nobody should know you or your unique set of circumstances better than your doctor.

If you feel you are not being listened to or you are doubting your doctor’s recommendations, then it is certainly within your rights to seek a second opinion and get the advice from another board certified physician. This should be done through an in-person consultation with a thorough evaluation, including a review of your history, review of all prior treatment and with a physical examination.

Obviously, if you think that you are having a medical emergency or other serious problem, you should call 911 and/or go to your nearest emergency room.

Best Wishes.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Tight and hard implants 6 days post op.

Thank you for your question and the photo. What you are going through seems normal for 6 days post op. It is far too early to make any definitive statements about your final outcome.  It usually takes about a year until all the elements settle and scars become stable.  Please follow your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon's instructions.  They will have a favorite protocol to minimize scars.  Please let them know of your concerns.  Together you will get through this process, hopefully with an outcome that you like.

Jeffrey J. Roth, MD, FACS

1 week post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question. In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. Kind regards,Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

YES! especially with above placement. But why have you NOT called your chosen operative surgeon about these issues???

Normal healing process

At 6 days it is still early in the healing process after breast lift and augmentation. As the implants soften, settle and drop the breast shape will change along with cleavage. Give your body time to heal as it can take 3 months to see your results. Be sure to keep any scheduled follow up appointments you have for his or her evaluation and advice . Good luck!

Dean Vistnes,M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francsico Bay Area

#realself #breastaugmentation #breastlift #drdeanvistnes

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

New post-op

You are fresh post-op and your breasts will change as the swelling subsides. Be patient, best of luck.

HArd breast 3 days post aug/lift

You look perfectly normal for this time post-op.  It will take several months for them to feel normal and not heavy like cannon balls.  relax, and let mother nature do her thing.  You are still swollen, and hence the tightness.

Paul Silverstein, MD (retired)
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

How Do Implants Feel Right After Breast Augmentation? #breastimplants

• It is normal for breast implants to feel very tight and hard right after breast augmentation!
  • I tell my patients that at first the implants don't move at all, and they can feel like two rocks rather than soft natural breasts.
  • It takes time (months) for the implants to settle into place and for the lower breast skin to stretch appropriately to accommodate the size of the new implants. 
  • So, hang in there!  With time  you'll likely be very happy with your results. 
  • Thanks for sharing!

Joshua Cooper, MD, FACS