It's this a normal dent in my breast? (photos)

Breast dent

Hello, based on the photos it appears that your surgery was very recent.  Some puckering and contour irregularities are very common in the early healing process, and they generally resolve over time.  However, you will require ongoing assessments by your surgeon to ensure you are healing normally.

Breast dent

This is a very common appearance of a breast lift/reduction scar. This is one of the key suture points and is under a little more tension than the others. This will smooth and adjust over the next several weeks. Good luck.

Dent in breast

From the looks of your photograph, it appears that your surgery was very recent. The place where you have an indentation has the highest tension of the closure. As the swelling goes away, and the skin continues to stretch, this will become smooth. It may take a month or so. I recommend you follow up with your chosen plastic surgeon.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Dent in the Breast

Your pictures show common healing changes that are due to swelling. Consult with your surgeon for further advice.
Good luck!

Incision Concerns

The contours and tension of your incisions should soften and smooth out over time as swelling resolves and scars mature.
All the best

Indentation on breast

Thanks for your inquiry.  It is very early and there is a lot of swelling.  I think this will definitely improve with time and discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon, good luck.  

Be patient!

It appears that you just had your surgery.  Let everything settle in (usually 3-6 months) and I'm sure you'll see that everything is fine.  If you need additional reassurance, please contact your plastic surgeon.  Good luck. 

There are a few issues going on here. #1. So early after surgery there is NO WAY that any surgeon could respond to the issue of this 'dent'! It could be swelling, poor technique, tight sutured area that might release as healing proceeds. So you need to wait 3 months to see the mid healing time results! #2. Most patients would use an American boarded PS (ABPS certified), you should have research the qualifications of your surgeon in more detail. #3. By the other postings you have done there seems to be a limited amount of preoperative guidance being given to you. Maybe an in person follow up appointment and have ALL your questions/issues in writing with you to settle yourself. Good Luck.

? Dent after breast surgery

Thanks Thanks  for your question and photos. Based on the pictures you have provided, you have some swelling of the nipple and areola which is not surprising after breast surgery. This can sometimes give the appearance of an indentation which resolves as the healing process continues and the swelling resolves. You look like you have an excellent early results that will improve with time. You will need to be patient to allow the swelling to resolve. This will likely take several months before it is complete. Best of luck.

Is the dimple in my incision normal?

One of the frustrating aspects of plastic surgery is the healing time.  When Rodin finished a piece he was done.  When we finish surgery we have to wait months or even a year to see the final result as the body heals.  During the healing process there are things we can't effect or control such as how one person may scar vs another.  There are some things we can predict such as getting a finer scar if we take tension off a wound.  Sometimes we take this tension off one part of the wound by putting it on another.  This can result in a temporary dimple.  These type of dimples almost always go away when the dissolvable sutures lose their strength.