Is this normal after lipo? (photos)

It seems like I still have a lot of fat on my stomach 8-weeks post Lipo. Is this normal? Did my Doctor not remove enough or is this skin? I've never been pregnant or extremely over-weight.

Is this normal after lipo?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift!

Is this normal after lipo?

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your surgery!  Liposuction often leads to substantial swelling of the tissues operated upon and this is the reason it is important to wear compression garments after your procedure.  That said at 8 weeks you will see continued improvement in the swelling over the next several months so try and hang in there.  Your surgeon will be able to supply you with the best reassurances. 

Liposuction - was enough fat removed? Worried at 6 weeks.

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • Everyone is surprised by how much swelling there is after liposuction-
  • You are still swollen and it will be another 4 months at the earliest to see your final result.
  • At that point, you can better tell if there is loose skin after the liposuction or if more fat needs to be removed.
  • It is smart for surgeons to leave some fat on the tummy - or the result can be irregular and very unnnatural.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Is this normal after lipo?

Appears as you needed a Full TT or more aggressive liposuction or both? But only in person evaluations will offer you a dx. But I can not....