Can nipples position be changed after breast lift if they are too high through implants?

I had breast lift 9 months ago,unhappy with results,have a dog ear on 1 and nipples way too high.what options are there for lowering the Nipples.i now need an implant as well as the size is too small.will an implant help in lowering the nipples as it will rice more volume? Also if the nipples are moved down does that mean a bigger scar. Thanks.i want to go once more for to fix this once and for all and get it over with

Hi. Without photos it's impossible to give you an assessment as to what would be required to correct what you perceive. Please re-post. Thanks Dr PG

Changing High Nipple Position after Breast Lift

It is very difficult to lower high nipple position following a breast lift.  Some possibilities include: 1) removing a horizontal ellipse of skin from along the inframammary fold (IMF) where the bottom of the breast meets the chest wall, in order to decrease the skin distance from the areola to the fold, 2) raise the inframammary fold while also removing the horizontal skin ellipse mentioned in #1, and 3) placing an implant higher to create some projection above the nipple.  I can't be more specific than this without seeing photos of your particular condition.

Richard G. Schwartz, MD

Nipple position

In general it is not possible to lower a nipple position once it is placed too high.  The best option in these situation is to raise the breast mound to match the nipple position.  This can be done with a small implant placed higher on your chest wall.  It would be easier to determine your best course of action with photos.  Best wishes, Dr. T

Re/Revision surgery

Without photos and the benefit of physical exam- it's difficult to answer your questions accurately. In person exam is essential especially when it comes to revision surgeries

Concerns With Breast Lift Results

Unfortunately it wouldn't be possible to comment meaningfully on this without at least a photo. I recommend that you meet in person with your Plastic Surgeon to discuss your concerns and options.

All the best

Breast lift - nipples much too high

Thank you for asking about your breast lift and implants.

• Without seeing you, it is hard to give you specific advice.
  • A lot depends on how high the nipple is on your chest and how your breasts are positioned.
  • In general, moving a nipple down is likely to leave more scarring.
  • If it were me, I would have a second opinion before having more surgery by the same surgeon -
  • S/he may be excellent but it's good to be sure of your options in something as important as this.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Without posting photos vey are to advise! Best to seek in person opinions from private practice boarded PSs in MIAMI. Only surgery can improve your results but there may be scars?

Reposition

The areolas can be lowered with inframmary lifts. Important to seek consultations with plastic surgeons in your region 

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS

HIGH NIPPLES

Without photos and measurements it is not possible to provide specific recommendations.  On occasion a horizontal mastopexy and implants can improve and in some cases totally correct a high positioned nipple. I would discuss your options with your surgeon or obtain a second opinion.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon