Will my newly breast lift with implants drop?

Swelling , some advices:

Thanks for the question. 

In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Kind regards

Breast Implants

Hi ~ Great question. Yes, your implants will come down with time. In the first 3 months after your surgery there are several changes which occur as part of the normal healing process. Your implants will drop and your swelling will decrease. It is important to remember that the way your breasts look immediately after surgery will change as your body heals.

Michael Hromadka, MD
Kalispell Physician

Will implants drop

Typically it takes about 3 months for the implants to drop into their appropriate position. Sometimes is takes less and sometimes it takes longer. There are additional things that can be done if the implants are not dropping as expected within a certain time period. The key is to be patient. The implants always start out high and tight and then start to drop week by week and soften week by week. As the implants drop you should also start to see your breast shape improve and your breast will start to look larger. Make sure you are being followed by your plastic surgeon and that you are following his post operative instructions very carefully. Good luck with your post operative recovery!

Ankur Mehta MD

Ankur Mehta, MD
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Just a little patience...Breast Augmentation/Lift and expected Post-op changes

It is important for patients to remember that the immediate post op period is characterized by a number of healing processes which will progress over time. Changes such as swelling, bruising, scar maturation and settling of the implant can take some time and are to be expected.

Generally speaking this process can take anywhere from 3-6 months to complete. Thus being a "patient patient" is important.

As always, discuss your concerns with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Donovan Rosas, MD
Westchester Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Swelling? Will my implants drop?

Thank you for your question. It typically takes 3 - 6 months for the swelling to subside and and implants to settle into proper position. Please discuss your concerns with your board certified plastic surgeon. Also, make sure you follow all of your plastic surgeons post-operative instructions regarding level of physical activity and use of a support bra. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.

Breast augmentation/lift

It is important to address any post-operative concerns with your plastic surgeon. Swelling after a breast augmentation/lift occurs with 100% of patients, eventually the swelling will resolve and your breasts will drop into their pockets causing there to be more fullness at the bottom.  If the breasts are too high, the use of a breast binder is beneficial to add downward pressure. I would ask your doctor when you can begin your breast massages. Your doctor may also prescribe you a Medrol dose pack (steroid) to help with the swelling. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your recovery!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. Yes you need time and you have to be patient 3 to 6 months and for full healing to 1 year. 

Implant drop

Hello and thank you for your question. I advise my patients that it usually takes 10 weeks for the implant to drop.  Hang in there and I hope this helps.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Thank you for your question.  It'll take at least 3 months for the implants to settle and drop.  Usually one a breast lift is done with an implant the concern is not letting the implant dropped to much. For more information please read the link below:

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation/lifting procedure. Keep in mind that no one will replace your own plastic surgeon when it comes to accurate assessment, advice, and meaningful reassurance.

Generally speaking, breast implants will "drop" into the pocket that was created during surgery. The rate of breast implant "settling" may depend on factors such as size of breast implant pocket dissected, tightness of the overlying skin/muscle layers, and size of breast implant utilized. Normally, it takes about 3-6 months (for some patients longer) to see the final result. It is very common for one side to settle faster than the other.

Similarly, it takes a few months for the breasts to "soften" in most cases.  Most of my patients tell me that their breast implants feel "part of them" somewhere between 3 to 6 months after surgery was performed.

There is definitely a physiologic and "psychological" (body image)  adaptation process that occurs, at differing rates for every patient, for patients who undergo any type of aesthetic surgery, including breast  augmentation/lifting surgery.