I am a brown skinned girl. I would like to know what I can use to bleach my skin to make it lighter? (Photo)

What can I buy from stores or do I need to see a dermatologist I have a lot of dark insect bites all over also would like to cover that up

Doctor Answers 2

Skin Lightening Procedures

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I would suggest seeing a dermatologist to get you on the proper skin care and laser treatments to help lighten your complexion and improve your skin tone.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 207 reviews

Brown spots

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
It really is best to see a Dermatologist to personalize your treatment.  But, there is one general rule that always applies - UV exposure will darken all skin and will darken those post-acne/trauma/insect areas 10X faster so avoid the skin in addition to any other personalized treatments recommended by your Derm.

Jennifer T. Haley, MD, FAAD
Scottsdale Dermatologist

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.