It's been two months since tummy tuck, how do I know I'm healing good? (photos)

I had a tummy tuck about two months ago and I am noticing some stiffness on incision site, is this normal? It still looks red and I am not sure if I should seek help?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided pictures, I have to tell that your healing process is alright, according for the post op time that you have, is normal to be swelling.. Wait a bit more and you will be amazed

Healing after a tummy tuck is usually retty straight forward. There is a process of swelling and bruising that peaks at 3 days after surgery and then undergoes the first stage of major resolution in the first 2 weeks after surgery. The lateer phase of healing takes place over the 2-3 months after surgery where everything really settles and softens. It is after this time that we are getting close to the final result, though this varies patient to patient. If you have any questions you should speak to your plastic surgeon directly to get the best informed response.

Tummy tuck post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
At this point (2 months post op) is normal to have swelling.
To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.
If the fter six months post-op, I recommend you send us your photos again, to give you more information about how we can solve this problem.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emma Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Concerned about healing a after tummy tuck

Thank you for your pictures. The stiffness that you feel on your incision sounds normal. Sometimes the incision can have some redness during the healing phase. Please seek a personal evaluation to make sure that this redness is due to healing and not infection.

Healing from Tummy tuck

From the look of your photos there appears to be an appropriate amount of redness in the scar. In our office we would use intense pulse light to help accelerate the healing and redness of tummy tuck scars. With time, however the redness should go away on its own. Nothing to be concerned about. The firmness you're feeling is likewise normal. Recommend following up with your plastic surgeon. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Incision appearance two months after tummy tuck

Your incision is still in the acute healing phase and will need several more months for the redness to go away.  To me it appears like normal healing process.

2 months post op

From what I can see you are doing fine.Massage will help and you will do fine.The redness will fade in time.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

It's been two months since tummy tuck, how do I know I'm healing good?

Reviewing your posted photos it appears as very early in healing phase still. But what does your chosen surgeon tell you??? Seems you have swelling?? Maybe in person second opinion needed.. 

2 Months Post Op Tummy Tuck

An in person exam is needed to evaluate your healing.  Based on your photo, you appear to be healing good.  Follow up with your surgeon for confirmation.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

You seem to be healing fine

Of course, it is impossible to tell from a photo, but you seem to be healing properly.
It takes months and months for the scar to mature and soften and fade. Each 
year it will be less and less noticeable. 
if you have any concerns, you can also ask your surgeon to have a quick
look at your healing. I am sure he/she will not mind.

david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon