Mommy makeover wanted! Can perky large breasts be achieved without a lift only implants? I don't want a big anchor scar (photos)

I am 5'0 115 lbs and healthy shape with a complete family. I have been working hard to maintain weight. I am needing tummy tuck and breast augmentation. I feel as though an achor lift would leave me worse than I look now. I do wish to have large breasts but am petite to start with. Can I have big perky breasts without the lift?

Implant with No Lift

While you are looking to improve overall body shape, there is the option to get breast implants without a lift. However, the advice my office usual offers to patients is that this is a mistake. Most breasts will look larger and more droopy in the end. They will sag more and sooner because of the excess weight. The shape will usually not be satisfactory. There will sometimes be a “Snoopy” breast or double bubble. If the nipples is in a fairly high position on the breast or “glandular” ptosis or drooping, an implant may be useful. Your best bet would be to receive the consultation of a certified surgeon as to which option would be the best for you.

Breast lift or implants alone?

Hello and thanks for your photos-
You appear to be a good candidate for a tummy tuck, but your bigger question is whether or not you need a breast lift. This is one of the most common questions we deal with.
You may need to consider a breast lift if your breast tissue hangs down below the crease under your breast or if your nipple points downwards.  I like the vertical or "lollipop" technique for most lifts.
Conversely, you may be OK with implants alone if you're OK with your breasts still being a bit low, but larger and fuller.
You'll certainly need a consult in person with a Board-certified Plastic Surgeon before you can make a definitive plan.
I hope that helps-
Best wishes-

Mommy Makeover

Thank you for the pictures and information. I believe you will be a great candidate for the procedure and working on weight is a perfect start. You will need a proper exam in order to determine if a lift is needed or not and that depends on many factors such as the position of your breast, the quality of the tissue and which implants and look you are trying to achieve. See an experienced board certified plastic surgeon for a proper consultation.

Good luck!!

Mommy Makeover - Candidate?

Thank you for your question. You appear to be an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck and breast augmentation surgery. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps.

Mommy makeover with breast augmentation

Thank you for your question. As far as i can see in the photos, you might not need a lift, a breat augmentation alone might do the job. The keys are to fill out the upper and lower parts of the breast with the right implant and to place it in a way that looks relatively natural. The technique that best achieves this is a Dual plane technique, where the implant is below the muscle in the superior pole of the breast, and the lower portion of the muscle is released to allow the implant to fill the lower pole of the breast. Breast augmentation is a very powerful technique in the right hands, and can have dramatic results in a variety of breasts types. Regarding your tummy, you dont seem to have much excess skin which makes you a good candidate for a Mini Tummy Tuck. This uses a relatively short incision in the same area of your C-section. Since you don't need much skin resection, you could avoid the incision around the belly button. Most importantly, this would give access to the abdominal wall so that a good muscle repair (placation) can be performed. You definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety. Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

Mommy makeover wanted! Can perky large breasts be achieved without a lift only implants? I don't want a big anchor scar

Your photos show that your nipples point downward. Nipple position in my opinion- can best be improved with the anchor lift. This final decision is best made after an in person consultation. Implants only add volume. Perkiness means lift. You need a physical exam to determine exactly how much loose sin you have in your abdomen. 

Breast implants - will they give me enough lift?

Thank you for asking about your breast lift and breast augmentation.
  • I try to avoid anchor lifts because the long scar is a real problem.
  • It isn't clear from the photos if your breasts need a lift or not.
  • An exam is needed - but a vertical lift would be all you need.
  • An examination by a plastic surgeon can advise you about implants alone vs lift + implants.
  • Or for better advice on this site, a ;photo from the side with your arms down will help
  • (Lifting your arms, raises the breasts, making it hard to tell what is needed.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Hard to say without in person examination and breast measurements being made! Best to seek many in person opinions from only private practice boarded PSs in MIAMI Over 60+ of us

Can perky large breasts be achieved without a lift only implants?

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photos which demonstrate minimal ptosis (sagging), you are likely to achieve your desired result with implants alone.  If there's any question of a lift, it would be minimal, certainly not an anchor incision.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Mommy makeover wanted, can a large breast augmentation be done without an anchor lift?

The question you bring up is probably the most commonly asked question women have about their breasts after pregnancy and breast feeding. Unfortunately this question cannot be accurately addressed without an actual physical examination. In the case of your photos the arms are elevated off the side of your body which creates the appearance of less droopiness than is actually present. The degree of droopiness is basically measured as to where the nipple is located vertically in relation to the  fold under the breast (when the arms are relaxed down to the side). In other words if the nipples are adequately above the fold no lift is necessary. However if the nipples have descended below the fold, some form of a breast lift may be recommended. In your case, if the nipples have not descended too much you may be able to get by with a type of mastopexy where the incisions are only located around the pigmented areola, thus avoiding the "full anchor" type scars. As stated previously a thorough breast exam is required in order to give you the best recommendation. Visit a well qualified and Board Certified P.S. in your area. Best of luck!