Can I still have my Mommy Makeover surgery with 11.6 wbc count?

I got blood work done at PS office I was told WBC was 11.6. I'm not sick, my allergies been bothering me lately but that's about it. I have no symptoms of UTI. I have been under TON of stress lately & I think when I took blood work I was kind of dehydrated because I wasn't drinking much water at the time, & it was difficult for blood to draw in tube. Also I took Mucinex the same day to help with nose congestion. Will any of those things cause a elevated WBC? I re-did blood work & Urine specimen.

Elevated WBC

It would be best to determine why your white cell count is elevated and to repeat if necessary.  You do not want to go into major surgery if you have some kind of infection festering in your body.

Elevated WBC

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

WBC count

Thank you for your question.  If done properly there should be minimal blood loss during the procedure.  Given this, you should be fine if you have been cleared by your surgeon.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

WBC count

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Elevated white blood cell count

Elevated WBCs usually indicate an infection somewhere in the body.  It would be best to determine the etiology of the elevated count and treat it prior to elective surgery to prevent potential problems.  I would recommend complete workup by your primary care physician.  Good luck.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

Elevated white blood cell count

Low blood count is not necessarily a contraindication a mommy makeover surgery.

You are very modestly anemic. Provided the reason for the anemias understood a mommy makeover can be undertaken. There's very little blood loss with these operations.

That is a question that your chosen PS should decide. In my "private" practice I might be OK to proceed. But most info would be needed... 

Elevated white blood cell count

Hi There. I am glad you had a repeat blood test and urine test to rule out UTI. Even though, clinically you feel good except being under ton of stress, that alone may potentially elevate your white count. Definitely I would recommend talking to your surgeon and see if the surgery can be postpone until the white count is back to normal level. Good luck !

Kim-Chi Vu, MD

Elevated white blood cell count

Kim-Chi Vu, MD

Blood test for MM

Hi... Thank you for the question.... I suggest you to repeat the Blood exam again... In good condition, to make sure everything it's ok before your sur

Luis A. Mejia, MD

Blood test for MM

Luis A. Mejia, MD

Mommy makeover with 11.6 wbc count?

If you have an elevated wbc count it may be best to postpone your surgery until the reason for this situation is determined and treated.  A UTI can cause this elevation.  Check with your surgeon for their recommendations. rechecking the wbc and sending a urine specimen is the right start.  Best wishes, Dr Lepore. 

Mommy makeover with 11.6 wbc count?

I think that you are doing the right thing by rechecking the white blood count. It is important to be at your optimal health prior to undergoing elective surgery. Your plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to a more specific/relevant response. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Can I still have a mommy makeover with high WBC?

You WBC is only mildly elevated.  In the absence of symptoms, this could be attributable to dehydration but not usually with allergies.  The term mommy makeover can vary widely in terms of what if being done, but if you are having breast implants placed, then any sort of infection that may be present in your body raises the fear that the implants could get infected, which is why your plastic surgeon is being so cautious.  In the absence of implant placement, you likely would be fine to proceed.  Make sure you discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon.  Best of luck with your surgery!