Will a Mini Tummy Tuck give me good results? (photos)

I was told by 2 PS that I am a good candidate for a mini TT. I've been reading some posts of women who weren't satisfied with their results and I want to make sure I'm doing the right procedure. Thoughts? Recommendations? Thank you!

Mini Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck with Vaser H definition liposculpture to your hips and back.  You should get a great result from liposculpture, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks.

Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Mini TT the right procedure?

Thanks for your posted question.  The photos don't show your entire abdomen (at least in my web browser).  If you just have mild excess skin on the lower abdomen no muscle bulge and relatively little subcutaneous tissue, then a mini TT might be an option.  If you seek a consultation with a board-certified PS they will be able to do a proper exam and determine whether a mini TT will provide your desired result.  Best wishes!

William Andrade, MD

Mini tummy tuck limitations

In general a mini tummy tuck only improves the loose skin in the lower abdomen, but can involve liposuction to the upper abdomen as well. There are several variations to consider, including umbilical float if upper abdomen muscle repair is needed. If the upper abdominal skin is not loose, it may not be able to expand enough for a full tummy tuck with a low scar. See the link below for a description of tummy tuck variations.

Richard Baxter, MD

Tummy Tuck

Hi nplskap,

Thank You for your pictures and questions. Based on the pictures you submitted it looks as if you would benefit from a full Tummy Tuck. I suggest consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. Best of Luck!

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck. The abdominal skin excision and muscle tightening could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. Liposuction could be used to better define your flanks and hips at the time of tummy tuck surgery. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

Steven J. Rottman, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck

I would recommend a full tummy tuck and liposuction of all areas for better results, best of luck!

Will a Mini Tummy Tuck give me good results

It is difficult to say without feeling and examining your abdomen, but it appears that you have some loose muscles above the belly button. If you have a mini tummy tuck and the muscle below the belly button is tightened, then the bulge above the belly button where the muscles look as if they have split will be accentuated.

Julio Garcia, MD

Tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a full tummy tuck with liposuction.  This can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.  Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Dr Derby

Thank you for the question and the photos. You are a candidate for a full TT instead of a mini Tummy tuck. Best of luck   

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Mini tuck?

Your photo demonstrates bulging both above and below the umbilicus for which a full tummy tuck would be necessary.

Robert L. Kraft, MD, FACS