Mini arm lift, Smart Lipo or none? I am 20 years old and I am under going a lot of weight loss. Do I need an arm lift? (Photo)

I recently consulted with a board certified surgeon about getting a BBL, breast reduction and potential a mini arm lift or arm lipo. He never told me if I was a good candidate for the mini arm lift. So I was wondering if I should go for it or not. I saw on other people posts that doctors recommend not getting anything because the scar and recovery isn't worth a little bit of fat loss that can be worked off by exercising to tone their arms. Is this the same in my case? I have 30 more lbs to lose.

Mini arm lift, Smart Lipo or none? I am 20 years old and I am under going a lot of weight loss. Do I need an arm lift?

You continue post great questions BUT you really need to see many boarded PSs in MIAMI NOW! In my opinion fr your arms I would recommend SmartLipo Triplex + Lipo to avoid a long scar. But only in person opinions COUNT!

Arm lift arm reduction brachioplasty smart liposuction arm liposuction weight loss mini arm lift

Hi Artavia,I would wait until you have reached your goal weight.  It is very difficult to predict exactly what will happen to your arms until you have lost weight.  With a 30 pound weight loss, some patients arms shrink and just need arm liposuction.  However, other patients arms do NOT shrink and they require an am lift due to the excess arm skin and fat. Personally, I would wait until you have lost the weight.  If you have any other questions in regards to an arm lift, arm reduction or brachioplasty, please do not hesitate to contact my office. Sincerely, Dr, Katzen

Arm lift or liposuction?

Thank you for asking about your arm lift.
  • Given your photos, I do not see the benefit of a mini-arm lift.
  • If you reach your goal weight, you are unlikely to need liposuction either.
  • Weight loss and arm exercises will make a big difference.
  • If you can't reach your goal weight - or if you do and your arms still look too big - have liposuction.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS