Should I get a mastopexy and TT first, or TT and lipo? How long after can I return for a mastopexy? (Photo)

I had a consultation 6/29, initially for breast lift and tummy tuck. Contouring (lipo)was suggested for my flank areas to get the look I want to acheive, however all three procedures will not be done on the same also suggested

Find the right surgeon

Far more important than deciding if a tummy tuck or a mommy makeover is for you is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let him explain why one technique may be better than another and if you need a tummy tuck. Many board certified plastic surgeons provide a free first time consult and you should take advantage of that!
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for you!

Multiple procedures, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us. For safety reasons, to be a good candidate for those procedures at the same time, your labs and cardiovascular preoperative evaluation must be optimal.
Therefore, you must be a healthy person, within an appropriate BMI and no history of diseases that increase the surgical / anesthetic risk degree.
Finally, I recommend you a skilled certified plastic surgeon in body contouring surgery and experienced in cases like yours where the planned operating time is less than five hours. Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.- 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Mommy make-over - in what order should I get liposuction

• Thank you for your question about your mommy make-over.
  • I would suggest the breast lift and tummy tuck first.
  • I am puzzled that your surgeon will not do contouring flank liposuction at the same time.
  • You do not appear to need much done -  not more than a liter judging from the photo.
  • This would be within the legal limits in Florida.
  • Ask your surgeon why the liposuction can't be done and if in doubt, get a second opinion. 
    Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Combination procedures, are they safe?

Thank you for your question. Combination procedures are safe and very effective in the right hands. The surgeon HAS to be an expert in EACH procedure and must have a lot of experience in performing combination procedures and can minimize the operative time. Breast lift, tummy tuck aand liposuction are procedures commonly performed together in healthy patients. Patients considering these procedures need to maintain a healthy, well-balanced diet to prepare for surgery. Patients should strive to reach their ideal weight by using a disciplined approach to nutrition. When a patient is at or near their ideal weight, it is possible for the surgeon to get the best results. Combination procedures can give powerful results but SAFETY is KEY. You definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety. Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure. Hope this is helpful! Best of luck!

Mommy Make Over

I routinely perform a tummy tuck with liposuction of the abdomen and flanks with a breast lift with implants on healthy patients that are at a good weight for surgery. Did you receive an explanation why not to have it done at the same time?

Good luck

If you are healthy I would do them all at once which would be 4-5 hours of surgery. I would send you home on a blood thinner to reduce the risk of DVT or pulmonary embolus. Your board certified plastic surgeon may be want to do in two operations which is fine. The lipo can be done either time whatever your doctor prefers. Good Luck!

Gregory T. Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover options

Thank you for the question.  Any number of options may be allow you to achieve the result you want.  First, I would upload some additional photos from the front, abdomen and breasts, and perhaps even sitting down as this will help us see how much loose skin you have on your abdomen.  This is important because you may not necessarily need a tummy tuck if there is a not a lot of loose skin.  In that case, a mastopexy and liposuction of the abdomen and flanks may be all that you need.  In the end, whomever you choose as your plastic surgeon will have his/her own recommendation and preference on how to proceed.  If your thought process is different you may want to get a second or even a third consult and compare all of the recommendations that you have received.

All the best.

Remus Repta, MD

Multiple Procedures at the Same Time

Very interesting that three procedures with this doctor will not be completed at the same time, as  mommy makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BeastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair, and possibly any other.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, #breastreduction or other. You may be able to find another plastic surgeon locally who will complete all three procedures at once, which could in face be more likely to save time and money for you. Best of luck.

Should I get a mastopexy and TT first, or TT and lipo? How long after can I return for a mastopexy?

NO WAY TO RESPOND with that photo you posted shows NOTHING! Pleasure post in nude photos to be able to respond.

Combination procedures

Without a good set of photos, a good physical exam- it's difficult to comment accurately. In our Practice we routinely perform combination procedures such as Abdominoplasty and breast surgery provided a patient is a candidate. Seek an experienced Board Certified PS