Should I do a mastopexy with or without implants? (Photo)

I'm currently a deflated 32DD (after weightloss and breastfeeding ). I would love to be a 32D. But think that without a silicone the upper part of the breast would still be deflated.Also, went to a doctor that said I will be only a 32D without implants.Also, why I cannot use a tear drop implant.:/

Should I do a mastopexy with or without implants?

Hi. Based on your photos, it is my opinion that you would benefit from a breast lift with the insertion of silicone gel implants in the range of 300 cc. I'm concerned that if you have a BAM alone, your breasts will be very large and droopy.

Always seek out the opinion of a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery with years of experience in cosmetic breast surgery. Furthermore request to see before and after photos of previous patients by that doctor....not a clinic or surgery center. Do your homework......research and verify the doctor's credentials. Have they had problems with the Board of Medicine, disciplinary or otherwise. Any law suits?

How about the center, clinic or facility? Are they accredited by a national organization or do they just have State approval. Understand that at the current time, there are three nationally recognized organizations responsible for the highest levels of patient safety, AAAASF, AAACH and JCHO. You owe it to yourself to position yourself for the best possible results but under the most stringent safety regulations, If you have kids, even more so.

How about anesthesia? Will you have a medical doctor certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology or a certified nurse anesthetist (CRNA)? Understand that there is no substitute for research. Cosmetic surgery, no matter how simple it may be to the patients, are invasive procedures and as such carry certain risks and complications.

In our office, as in others, we use TouchMD which is a web based program in which patients have the ability to load their picture unto the program. I then evaluate them and can actually draw on the picture to show a potential patient where the incisions would be located and how the procedure is to be realized. It's all done to comply with HIPPA which is the federal law that protects the patient's medical information. Look them up.

In theory, the procedure that could bring you closest to your goal would be a small breast reduction with implants. That would avoid most of the increase in cup size, while still providing the lift and the fullness at the top.
You could have both round or anatomical implants, depending on your preferences and goals.

Ciro Adamo, PhD, MD
London Plastic Surgeon

I want you to take to consideration that after a Breast Lift your breast will get smaller. If you’re satisfied with it or you want to add implants in order to have the fullness you used to have before your pregnancies. I particularly, don't use tear drop implants because they don't give as much projection as the round ones. I hope this answer was helpful. 

Yily De Los Santos, MD

If you are wanting the fullness back that you had prior to your pregnancy, I would suggest a round implant and not the tear drop shape. I would recommend that you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to see what your best options are for having a lift or not.

What is the right option?

As you can see from my colleagues answers, there are any number of options that could help you to meet your desired outcome. Determining the right one requires an in person exam. I think you would benefit from a second opinion from a board certified plastic surgeon in your area (link below) Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

I would recommend a mastopexy with or without implants. By without implants I am referring to a fat transfer procedure. For years, Plastic Surgeons and their patients have desired to transfer unwanted fat from their tummy or thighs to their breasts. We are now are able to do this safely.
If you have been considering a Breast Lift or improving your appearance after breast augmentation or Breast Reconstruction but are not comfortable with introducing artificial material into your body, you may want to look into the benefits of breast augmentation with fat transfer. An alternative to breast implants is fat transfer also known as fat grafting or lipoinjection. This technique allows women the option of enhancing the appearance of their breasts without the potential problems of saline or silicone implants such as hardness, rippling or rupture.
Who is a candidate?
  • Any woman who is healthy
  • Women with sufficient body fat for the procedure
  • Women considering breast augmentation who wish to be one cup size larger or less
  • Women who have had breast augmentation or reconstruction but who lack fullness or have contour concerns. Fat transfer can further enhance and reshape your breasts while smoothing out visible or palpable edges of breast implants. This will disguise implant rippling and wrinkling.
  • Women with normal mammography
Please see the following links for further details.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided pictures. I suggest you to have breast lift with soft cohesive silicone implants. You need volume and better shape, and implants will give you that.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Implants only

From your photos I would do just the implants and avoid all the scarring with a might also want to consider fat grafting to the superior pole of your breasts to add more fullness above.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Desired goal

It may be easier to understand your goals if you provided wish pics as well.  If you would like your breasts larger and higher, you should definitively consider an implant as well as a lift.  This may not be, however, the most natural look, since natural breasts do not necessarily have upper pole fullness.   Also given that you only want a D cup result, the added implant volume may not serve you well.  

Adding An Implant to Lift

Breast Lift surgery reshapes the breast for a pleasing cosmetic result.  Breast implants add volume which increases the breast size.  Try on sizers in your surgeon's office while addressing this concern.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD