How soon should you have massages after lipo/BBL?

I have been researching post op lymphatic drainage massages for lipo/bbl and have found different rationales on how early to begin them. I have not found any evidenced based information on this topic so I'm asking, from your professional experience and is it too early to have a massage pod 1 (do you truly benefit from less fluid retention) or should you wait until around day 5 (let body heal somewhat first)? Could you please give me a rationale for your answers? Thanks so much!

Massage after surgery

Thank you for your question. Post-surgical massages are designed to speed the healing process and help you return to your normal daily activities more quickly. Using a combination of lymphatic and Swedish massage techniques. This is to help reduce swelling and bruising, improve flexibility, stimulate nerve endings to diminish numbness and any skin sensitivity. It is best to wait about 2 weeks after surgery to get your first post-op surgery then after that you will continue as your board certified plastic surgeon instructs. Each patient is different so it will be based on what your surgeon thinks is best as far as when to start and how many sessions you will need. Hope this helps,Dr. Newall 

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question. I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon #RealSelf100Surgeon