Losing Nipple with Breast Lift?

Hello, I'm scheduled for my consultation here in Miami to have breast removed and a lift. I have read a few stories on RS were a few women have had severe nipple trauma to the point where the nipple was lost. What is the chances of having these issues? I'm very concerned about that. Thanks in advance!

Nipple loss

Thank you for your question. Nipple/areola complex loss is, fortunately, a rare event. However, when it does occur it can be devastating. Risks vary with the size of the breast and the distance the nipple is being moved. Sit down and discuss your concerns with your surgeon. There are ways to mitigate the risk of nipple loss.
Consult with an experienced, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area. Good Luck,

Breast reduction

That is a possibility although extremely rare. It increases with the size of the patient and the size of the breasts. And option would be to look into the Scarless reduction where this is not seen.  It's not an operation that's right for everyone but it's worth looking into.

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Losing Nipple with Breast Lift?

The loss of the N/A complex is a severe complication of any breast surgery, though a very rare event it happens. Best to discuss in detail with your chosen surgeon...