How long should you wait to sit on your butt after a Brazilian but lift?

Hello you should wait (4-6) weeks to sit down or lay down
on your back this is mainly to have better results
and allow more fat to survive good luck!

Sitting after BBL

The longer you can go without sitting after a BBL surgery the better your outcome will be. I would recommend a minimum of two to three weeks of no sitting or sitting with the assistance of a pillow. Each surgeon has a slightly different protocol however.

William Bruno, MD

Sitting after a Brazilian

It's plastic surgeon has their own protocol.

I suggest you ask your plastic surgeon what he or she recommends.

We give our patients special pillows that puts on the pressure on the back of the fires and not the treated area.

The specially designed pillow is inconspicuous and easy to bring to work.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Hi.. thank you for the question, every Ps have their own indications, i suggest my patients to start sitting complete with the buttock area from 10-15 days after the procedure.

Luis A. Mejia, MD

Sitting after BBL

Thank You for this Great Question!

Sitting for 20 minutes at a time is good interval with activity of 5 minutes in between to reduce DVT formation. But remember your fat grafts are not completely immobile for up to 2 months and can be moved with pressure from your body weight.

Experience with facial and BBL fat grafts in practice and current literature supports the thought that the low oxygen state of the fat grafts send signals to stem cells for new cell growth and new blood vessel growth into the low oxygen area. Anything that would decrease oxygen supply to the area would delay growth and cause more reabsorption on the fat grafts.

A few of the research supported factors that would delay oxygen supply to the grafts include:
Decrease blood circulation due to blood pressure changes:
  • body weight compression ( Sitting and lying) with pressure greater than systolic blood pressure (main cause of nursing home bed soars)
  • decreased blood supply form generalized hypotension
Vasoconstrictive agents which decrease the rate of oxygen flowing to the fat grafts:
  • nicotine ( one inhalation of puff of a cigarette will constrict vessels for 16 hours)
  • caffeine (watch your tea, 5 hour energy, decaf, chocolate)
My patients have had great success in using a foam yoga matt rolled up really tight and trimmed to the width of their office chair. The matt compresses and conforms to your posterior thighs and sits on the very front of your office chair seat. You can adjust the height of your matt to keep your buttocks from touching the chair by unrolling and trimming the length. This will do the job by keeping pressure off the buttocks, but not raise you too high in the seat. You can use this in the car and on the toilet if needed. An additional smaller matt can hang form the back of your chair to fit into the small lower back and keep the back of your buttocks of the chair back.

I hope this helps. Wish you well, and a quick recovery.

Dr McAdoo

How long to avoid sitting

There's really no consensus on this. In general, most plastic surgeons vary between 10-21 days post-op as the amount of time to avoid sitting completely, and between 6-12 weeks as the amount of time to sit with restrictions (curve cure, yoga pillow, bolster of blanket or towel, etc). 
I generally tell people this: as a bare minimum, don't sit on your butt at all for 10 days postop. After that 10 day period, you can sit, but only when you absolutely must!
Hope this helps - Sam Jejurikar, MD