How long do I have to wait after getting TT to get Lipo in the other areas?

I had a TT a week ago. I know that I have to wait before having another procedure but I really want to have Lipo in order to remove the remains fat from my upper abdomen area, flanks, my back and I'm also contemplating a bbl. What's the approximate wait time to have a procedure like that done?

How long should i wait to get liposuction after a tummy tuck?

Thank you for your question. I suggest you wait at least 2 months before getting liposuction done. This will give your body enough time to heal and reduce trauma from liposuction. Good luck!

Additional surgery

I would recommend you wait at least 2 months before you pursue a second surgery.  This will allow all your incisions to be well healed and most swelling to be completely resolved in order to better assess where additional liposuction is needed.  Best wishes, Dr. T

Lipo aftr TT

i would allow about 3-4 months, as you may be motivated to lose some weight by the " new look" and then require less lipo. So, assuming NO complications, 3-4 months should be fine.

Robert V. Mandraccia, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Lipo after TT

A good period of time to wait is 4-6 weeks, at which time you will be mostly recovered from your TT, although the final results of your 1st surgery will not be completely evident yet. It would be reasonable at that point to do the lipo BBL or simply do the lipo and toss the fat away, whatever you decide.

Lipo in other areas

If you were interested in liposuction to different areas other then your abdomen, I would say give it at least a month but if you want liposuction including your abdominal area you should really wait a few months.  But remember that every surgeon has different guidelines that they believe in so make sure to discuss these details with your surgeon.

N. Bill Aydin, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Wait 6 months

I typically require that the patients wait six months after tummy tuck to have a liposuction procedure in the area operated.