How long after my bbl should I wait to get lipo done? and I'm not swollen anymore.

Liposuction after BBl

You should wait at least 6 months, prior to attempting more liposuction, and the reason is for all the residual edema to be gone.

How long after a BBL can you get liposuction done?

Thank you for your question. With brazilian butt lift patients get liposuction done in specific areas to use the fat grafted for the butt augmentation. If you're getting liposuction done in the same areas, the recommended recovery time would be 6 months. That said, you definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety.  Best is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure. 

How long after my bbl should I wait to get lipo done? and I'm not swollen anymore

I would think that a period of six months should go by before having Liposuction in an area adjacent to the BBL. However if the liposuction is being performed in an area away from the buttock then a period of 4 to 6 weeks.Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. 

Good luck to you.

Stanley P. Gulin, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction and BBL

Thank you for asking about your liposuction and BBL.
  • A BBL includes liposuction -
  • The liposuction is done to harvest the fat that is injected into the buttocks.
  • If additional liposuction is needed, it is usually done six months after the BBL
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

BBL and Liposuction Are Done at the Same Time

Liposuction can be done at the same time as a BBL. I suggest speaking to your surgeon about the proper procedure and timing.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Fat Transfer/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Liposuction Revision/Tummy Tuck/Body Contouring

I appreciate your question. I would recommend waiting 6 months between procedures.  This allows your body adequate time to recover and heal. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Lipo timing

If you are having any liposuction done in any of the same areas that were done before, I recommend waiting a MINIMUM of 4-6 months. The longer the better. If the new lipo is ONLY being done in previously untouched areas I recommend a MINIMUM of 4-6 weeks.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

I am not sure you understand that a BBL has lipo involved in it... ? Usually the lipo areas take 3 to 6 months to heal and the issues of internal scar fibrosis might preclude additional lipo in those previous lipo areas. Best to seek only in person opinions.