Lollipop lift or just implant exchange? I don't want to end up worse than now. (Photo)

29 yo, no kids, lost fullness due to weight change. Had my BA done 2 yrs ago - 215cc, overs, HP, silicone, textured. I have level 2 CC, and they feel heavy/droopy & hard. I've been told that I need a lollipop lift, but that it's so minimal that some docs wouldn't even operate. I'm scared about the scars, & that I'm too young (single & no kids!) to have them. Would you recommend just exchanging them for unders, or going through with the lift? Would they look/feel good just with the switch?

Breast Revision with Lift May Restore Volume

The intentional result of a Breast Lift (#Mastopexy) is to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. It is used especially for breasts which sag or droop (#ptosis) as a result of aging, weight loss, pregnancy, or breastfeeding. However, many women report more satisfaction if an implant is used at the time of #mastopexy. The implants further shape their breasts, restoring superior fullness or volume which may be decreased over time.
In regards to implants alone, this is usually said to be mistake by patients reflecting back at the decision. Most breasts will look larger and more droopy with solely implants. They will sag more and sooner, due to the sudden and excess weight. At times it's possible for a “Snoopy” breast or double bubble to develop as a result.  A Breast Lift can also be done while having existing Breast Implants and can be used to correct #assymetry.
It is imperative you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with breast #augmentation and the incision type, #implant placement, and implant type. Plastic surgeons who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery are suitable to perform your breast augmentation. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

To lift or not to lift??

Thank you for sharing.
Unfortunately, your current overs have pushed your breast tissue down necessitating a lift. A simple implant exchange will not give you aesthetic results. Replacing them using a dual plane technique will only address the CC. Your implants (should you choose to keep them) need support. Skin only is not enough, and partial muscle coverage (dual plane technique) is not enough either. Without proper support, they will continue to make their way down your chest.
Remove them and undergo a strong lift without implants and minimal scars or wear supportive undergarments to minimize further descent.

Best wishes and kind regards,

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Lift

I would recommend the vertical lift not only for symmetry but also to lift your nipple/areolar complexes slightly.  I would also recommend an implant exchange with a dual plane positioning to avoid future contracture.  

Exchange or lift

Hi fpr,
Your situation truly requires in person consultation. It is difficult to assess encapsulation in photos.  In some cases like yours, capsulotomy with or without exchange can give improvement.  While I am not a big fan of periareolar mastopexy, it can be useful for improving SYMMETRY when skin envelopes are markedly asymmetric.  Be sure to see only local BCPS with expertise in breast surgery/revision.  Please see attached web reference. Good luck!

Lollipop lift or just implant exchange? I don't want to end up worse than now

Without in person exam- it's difficult to comment accurately. From your photos- it appears that you would benefit from a lift with implants placed sub-muscular ( smooth round silicone)- that would -in my opinion- give you your best looking breasts. If you really don't want lift scars - you can have the re-augmentation keeping in mind that it is not going to lift or reshape your breasts as lift would.

To Lift or Not to Lift

As many doctors have said this question is best answered in person after examination.  Sometimes the implant position can give the appearance of drooping.  Sometimes a different implant such as a shaped implant under the muscle would be beneficial.  Maybe the pocket is too small originally and maybe a high profile implant was too small in base diameter for you chest wall. 
So as you can see there are many question that can only be answered after consultation and examination in person.  There are many excellent board certified plastic surgeons in the Boca Raton to Miami area.  I would seek several consultations before proceeding.  Good luck, Dr. Schuster in Boca Raton

Lollipop lift or just implant exchange? I don't want to end up worse than now.

It's best to get in-person recommendations after an examination. That being said, most people after losing weight will need at least a small lift due to stretched and damaged skin that doesn't recoil well after the lost weight.  Breasts will naturally droop with increasing age, weight, etc. unless they are relatively small and naturally "perky". If you have discomfort/hardness from your capsular contracture it is best to have the capsules removed and implants exchanged. Often times a new pocket is needed or a special internal bra is needed to reduce the risk of recurrence of the capsular contracture.  Doing the lollipop (or vertical) mastopexy (or lift) at the same time can help to balance out the size discrepancy that seems to be bothersome to you as well as restore the shape and location of the breasts themselves--often this can't be achieved with implants alone.  In many cases and with good, attentive care to the scars after surgery they actually heal quite nicely.  I put all of my patients on a specialized scar care program post-operatively.  If you really must avoid the scars, you could go for the implant exchange and capsulectomy first and once things settle out and heal (3-4 months) reassess things.  You can always go back and get a secondary lift later if you dislike the natural droop.  Please make sure to consult only with board certified plastic surgeons! Good luck!

Megan Jack, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Very difficult without in person examination to decide. Seek only in person opinions from private practice boarded PSs in MIAMI. 

Snoopy

HI
Please go to google images and enter snoopy breast deformity. You will see many others like yourself who have round implants under the muscle which leads to your situation. Your breast is "falling off" the mound under the muscle. A high profile implant IN your breast will lift it.
You have every right to be reluctant re the scars.
If you have capsules they can be removed and replaced with the new Inspira high profile which will give you the lift. It would improve your situation and you can always have a little scar around the areola later if you wish additional improvement. You already have one on the lower half. 
Be strong and do what YOU think sounds best to you.

Richard Sadove, MD
Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

Lift or not

If you feel the implants are undesirably firm, then go ahead with capsulectomy and change to "under" with new implants.  You can go a little fuller if you like.

If you personally feel the breasts are low, and you'd like the nipple position a little higher, and you like the breast shape you see when you pinch up some of the loose skin in the lower part of the breast (imitating the effect of the vertical lift) - then really, the only answer is to have the lift, and accept the scar.  Capsulectomy and implant exchange isn't going to raise up the breast.
If, on the other hand, those things don't matter so much to you - then wait, and do the lift later in life.