Is it possible to get a liposuction if I have very little fat deposits?

I had a very, very healthy upbringing, and I have been a *balanced* vegetarian for almost 6 years now. I also work out a few times a week. I have very slim arms, slim torso, etc., but my legs are curvy, despite having very firm skin with basically no cellulite, and I've always been like this, even before I hit puberty. Now, is it possible for me to attain super thin model legs through lipo? Do you think I would actually have enough fat for so much of my legs' mass to be removed?

More muscle than fat

It certainly sounds as though that what you have is more muscle than fat.  This may be the reason for the curviness and this cannot be treated with liposuction.  However there is a chance that you may have some sculpture that would improve the appearance of your legs.

Corpus Christi Plastic Surgeon

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting for Thin People

can be done with very small cannulas on thin people. Assuming that
the leg curves are caused by fat, you might also consider VASER Hi
Definition Liposuction, which can further delineate an athletic body.
Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Hard to say without photos.  Usually lower extremity liposuction is performed in particular areas, like the medial thigh, lateral thigh, and hips.  Sometimes the medial knee is also treated.  The anterior thigh can be treated but contour irregularities can result if one is too aggressive.  Best to see a board certified Plastic surgeon.  Best wishes, Dr. T. 

Liposuction for thin legs

Liposuction is a good tool to help adjust contours that do not respond to diet and exercise.  If your "curvy" legs are shaped due to muscle contours and not to fullness from fat then liposuction probably is not your answer.Be sure to see a surgeon Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who can show you a comprehensive portfolio of his/her work so you can gauge surgical experience and the types of results that are reasonable to expect.

Liposuction with little fat to remove?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • You will need an examination to know if liposuction is appropriate for your legs.
  • If the shape of your legs is from bone and muscle - liposuction will make no difference.
  • If there is a little fat, a small cannula (2-3 mm) liposuction can thin areas on thin women 
  • Please see a plastic surgeon who does a lot of liposuction.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Maybe the options of superficial liposculpture or Laser Lipo. No posted photos to best to seek only in person opinions.

Thank you for sharing your excellent question.  Liposuction only works at removing the fat beneath a patient's skin and above their muscles.  If your legs show little ability to pinch the skin between your fingers and/or have less than an inch of material when doing so you are likely not a good liposuction candidate.  Hope this helps.

so even athletic people have deposits of fat they just cant shift. In the UK, lower limb lipodystrophy is common. I find people such as this excellent candidates for liposuction assuming fat is the cause, not just a strong musculature. It is certainly worth visiting a plastic surgeon for an assessment.Hope that helps.Adam Goodwin

Liposuction requires fat

Liposuction is fat removal, so if there are no deposits of fat then the surgical procedure will be a failure.