Lipo or Smart Lipo After Tummy Tuck and Gallbladder Removal?

I had a full tummy tuck and my gallbladder removed at the same time about 1 1/2 years ago. Because I had both procedures at once my doctor would not agree to do any type of lipo. I'm happy with my flat belly, but I feel like I will not have the results I was seeking unless I have some form of lipo done to contour my waist and love handles. I also have a bit of a bump and what can be considered rippling at the ends of my incisions on both hips. I would like my love handles and bar line done.

Liposuction after body contouring.

The reason for not wanting to do your liposuction is likely more related to complication risk at the time of your abdominoplasty. If you are healthy and a good candidate for liposuction, this should certainly be possible.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Lipo post gb out

It hink that is fine.As long as your overall health is fine there is no reason not to suction your love handles.There are areas of diet resistANT FAT.GOOD LUCK.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Lipo versus Smart Lipo

It's not the machine, it's the man (woman)!!!! You are another victim of aggressive, and possibly false advertising which has influenced you to think that there is a positive difference between the quality of results when comparing different liposuction techniques.  Nothing is as important as your surgeon's skill and experience to achieve a great result, and there is nothing out there that can do more for you than traditional liposuction. 

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck and liposuction

That is an unusual combination of operations!!! It was certainly not unreasonable not combine liposuction at the time of your first operation.

Your problem now sounds quite straight forward. Liposuction around your waist and "love handles" can have quite a dramatic effect on your lower body contour and should be reasonably straight forward. 

The rippling at the end of your scar is what we call a "dog ear" and is easily fixed with a minor scar revision.

The type of liposuction does not matter.  The surgeon who performs the liposuction is the difference.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures and tummy tucks each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Lipo after tummy tuck

Traditional lipo, Ultrasonic and laser lipo (Smart lipo) will probably give you the same results at this point. If you're happy with your results thus far, let ypiur surgeon decide what's best. Good luck.

Hard to offer any recommendations without photos. By this time there is no reason why you couldn't have liposuction done to any areas that are likely to be improved. The irregularities at the ends of the incisions can be addressed by simple scar revisions. Address these questions to your surgeon for best advice. 

All the best.