Do I need more Lipo or Lipo and Tummy Tuck? (photos)

Do i just need additional liposuction or both lipo to flanks and tummy tuck? As i am a dancer i am trying to avoid the long scar. About 18 months ago i did lipo to belly back and a great result ...lipo lumps got worst and is a problem now since i gain weight. One doc said i dnt need tummy tuck another said i do...too much extra skin...what do i do...thank you!

FAB Tummy Tuck

You may want to consider a FAB Tummy Tuck or Floating Abdominoplasty. Using a small incision in the lower abdomen, this new tummy tuck surgery technique allows the tummy to be tightened and shaped with optimal results. Also referred to as an extended mini abdominoplasty, this procedure is an excellent option without the telltale signs as there is no incision around the belly button. Excess skin is removed through the incision; the belly button is temporarily detached and ‘floats’ above the muscles. This allows the muscles to become tightened and reshaped from sternum to pubic area, that is, along the entire length of the abdomen, as opposed to a typical mini tummy tuck where the muscles are only tightened below the belly button. The skin on the abdomen is then made smooth and firm, and the belly button is reattached from the inside with the option of moving it down one or two cm if necessary. To sculpt to an even greater degree, liposuction is performed, resulting in beautiful tight abs with a scar that is minimal and discreet.

Be sure to book your consultation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon who specialises in this area.

All the best

Tummy tuck vs lipo: what to know

The decision between liposuction or tummy tuck depends mostly on the degree of laxity of the skin, or potential for laxity after liposuction. This requires an in-person exam to determine. There is a third possibility to keep in mind also, which is internal fat; that cannot be reduced with liposuction or a tummy tuck.

Richard Baxter, MD

Do I need more Lipo or Lipo and Tummy Tuck

I think losing some weight is a better choice so the fullness you have on your abdomen due to fat below the muscles of your abdomen will be smaller. I do not think liposuction or a tummy tuck are worth it at this point

Julio Garcia, MD

Do I need more Lipo or Lipo and Tummy Tuck?

Thank you for your question. It is very difficult to say what you would need from your photos it look like Liposuction only would be best for you without tummy tuck. Vısıt a surgeon ın your area for evaluation. 

Good luck. 

Thank you for your question and photographs.

I would recommend scheduling a few more consultations with a board certified plastic surgeons so you can have additional physical examinations and several expert opinions to consider. From the look of your photos you have posted, It is hard to tell if you have enough excess skin to make you a good candidate for a tummy tuck, but if you are definitely trying to avoid the scar associated with a tummy tuck then I would suggest having SmartLipo. SmartLipo loosens then removes fat and tightens the overlying skin, reducing bulges of fat while simultaneously toning the body. It also offers tissue retraction through soft tissue coagulation, reliable, controlled energy delivery, reduced liposuction procedure time and patient downtime, less bleeding and bruising than traditional liposuction and high-definition body sculpting capabilities. Smartlipo also delivers precision and versatility with wavelengths that are ideal for smaller and larger fat deposits, tissue retraction, fibrous areas, or secondary liposuction cases.
Best of luck in your endeavors!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck VS Liposuction

hello, thanks for sharing your case and photos, the basical criterias to make a Tummy tuck  are, extra skin, and abdominal diastasys. In your case,  you are a woman who does exercises and in the pictures didn't seem tou have a lot of extra skin, the abdominal diastasys is hard to be evaluated by photo, if you do liposuction the abdominal fat will be removed but the abdominal diastasys will be the same, best wishes!

Jean Paul Giudicelli Saba, MD

TT vs more lipo

IF you have extra skin, you need a TT. If you just have some extra fat, then lipo will do the trick. An in person physical exam is the only real way to determine this. See a few more PS in consultation and you will get an idea of what you likely really need. 

Why not FIRST try aggressive weight loss of 15 pounds with abdominal exercises? I DO NOT recommend any TT fir you. Maybe superficial layered liposuction might help.