Lip Reconstruction after Silicone Removal? (Photos)

I've had silicone removal surgeries done and my lips still look big, uneven, asymmetrical. I have silicone that had migrated to the white part of the lips, and these surgeries only removed the silicone from the red part of the lip, leaving the white part on both upper and lower lips more noticeable, thus, on the upper lip I have lost the vermilion border & the cupid's bow. My goal: to have a less bulky lips, more natural, even, give them a nice shape again, and have my upper teeth visible again.

Lip reconstruction after silicone lip injections

Thank you for asking about your silicone lip revison.

• Unfortunately, silicone is impossible to remove and makes our tissues as hard as cement.
  • Multiple operations are needed to improve the effects and the result will never be perfect.
  • It is not possible to remove the silicone that is weighing down the lower lip, without making you look worse.
  • A little more trimming of the remaining red lip bulges will help a bit.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS