Lip augmentation and nasolabial fillers. Would lip augmentation be a mistake in my case. (photos)

I have a very small mouth opening and a tiny face. I am afraid it may look weird. Also, I would like to start using nasolabial fillers.

Lip augmentation

Even with a smaller mouth opening and a tiny face, one can still achieve an excellent lip augmentation and enhancement result. The key is to find an injector who is extremely experienced in lip injections and has the right aesthetic vision; many people who inject lips do it very poorly, unfortunately. I perform numerous lip augmentations every single day in my practice. I have found that no two lips are the same, and I approach each and every one of them differently. Good luck! 

Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip augmentation and nasolabial fillers. Would lip augmentation be a mistake in my case.

If done by an expert filler injector, any shape/type/degree of lip enhancement can be performed to suit any face! Visit our Instagram account @miamiskininstitute or search #BestLipsMiami to see examples of all types of filler lip enhancement. 

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Lip Augmentation with Fillers or Lip Implant or Fat -- Go Slow, Use Cannulas

Lip fillers do great and look natural if done with skill and expertise. I suggest you see an expert for treatment and someone who truly understands contouring. Best, Dr. Emer

Hi, I have performed many lip augmentation procedures using dermal fillers or lip implants for over 30 years. From the photos, your upper lip is a bit small compared to your lower. Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, the upper lip should be approximately 75 % the size of the lower lip for the lips to appear balanced. The upper lip can be augmented using a dermal filler or a Permalip implant.
Dermal filers and lip implants offer far more reliable volume to augment the lips than permanent fillers or fat injections that are also associated with increased, unwanted, side effects. Creating the proper aesthetically shaped feature (cheeks, lips, chin, nose etc.) is never a detriment but always a move forward in making the face or body more naturally attractive.
Hope this helps.

Lip and NLF Fillers?

I think that your NLF's are actually not needing filler. Your lips could use some filler. I think only 1/2 a syringe would be needed in your lips. You can place the other in the cheeks, tear troughs, or maybe NLF if desired.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Conservative Filler for Lips and Nasolabial Folds

First off, I think your lips have a beautiful shape. Without seeing a full face photo, it is difficult to get an idea for their proportion to the rest of your face, however we could certainly inject a little dermal filler, such as Restylane, to balance and make them more symmetrical, in a very natural way. You are also a great candidate for filler to the nasolabial folds, which I would inject very conservatively to soften the lines, allowing you to look like you, six years ago. My best advice would be to seek consultation with a board-certified dermatologist skilled and experienced with injectables, who will really listen to your concerns and work with you to create a customized treatment plan that will achieve your goals.

Dennis Gross, MD

Thank you for sharing your photographs and question.  I think if you use a hyaluronic acid based dermal filler such as Juvederm you can treat both your nasolabial folds and lips subtly but create a nice enhancement and correction.  See a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation . 

Conservative Treatment With Juvederm

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  Based on your photographs, you appear to be an excellent candidate for fillers to both your nasolabial folds and your lips.  I would suggest conservative treatment with Juvederm.  Beautiful and natural results can be achieved.  Please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person consultation to fully discuss your concerns and your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Best wishes! 

Lip augmentation

Thank you for submitting the pictures. In your case, as in most cases, a little bit of filler can go a long way.  your lips have great definition and hydration, so it would be a matter of just adding a little bit of volume in the right places.  you can certainly also soften up your nasolabial folds.  Done conservatively, in your case, can give you a nice rejuvenated look.  certainly either juvederm ultra or restylane/rest silk can be used depending on what your goals are.  When you go on your consultation discuss all of this with your doctor as each product is different from the other - they are all great around the mouth area, but they are all a little different.  Best of luck! you will do great.  Hope this helped.

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasolabial Fillers

You appear to be a great candidate for lip fillers and nasolabial lines.  I would start with Restylane or Juvederm since it can be used in a subtle way.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green