Can lip advancement surgery help me to remove silicone on the white part of the lips? (Photo)

I had 3 surgeries to remove injections done many years ago. I got a lot of silicone removed, but my lips still look big, asymmetrical, and I have silicone that have migrated to the white part of the lip. I have been told that is not possible to remove it from the white part of the lip, but recently one Dr told me that it can be done through a " Lip Advancement" (cutting the upper and lower lips at the vermillion border), and removing it from there. I want to get 2nd and 3rd opinions please..

Can lip advancement help remove silicone from my lips?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs and I am sorry to hear of your silicone injection issues. I would advise seeing an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to evaluate your tissues and offer treatment recommendations.  Through either an intraoral incision or vermillion incision you may be able to remove some of the bulk of your lower lip based on the location of the silicone.  Hope this helps.

Lip Surgery Revision

So sorry you are dealing with this. You need to find a board certified plastic surgeon with lots of experience with lip surgery and removal of foreign material.  Most or all of the material should be able to be removed and the lips re-contoured. Check out the link below to an article I wrote about lip surgery, as it may be helpful.Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD