Do I need a lift? (photos)

I'm 31 years old with no children but would like to in a few years. One surgon said I do not need a lift and one said I do. I'm looking for more fullness and volume.

Do I need a lift?

If you have sagged breasts then and you are not happy for this situation; then you can be a good candidate for breast lifting operation. Breast sagging is an indicator of aging in women.  Women always seek for a firmer, perpendicular and well-shaped breasts. Breast lifting operations are mainly designed to give a younger and better look to breasts

Candidate for a Lift

Candidates for Breast Lift (#Mastopexy) surgery are women who have #saggingbreasts due to past pregnancies, genetics, or aging. Often times the sagging is too great to be treated by implants alone. Women with asymmetric or enlarged nipples or areolae (pigmented areas around nipples) also may be candidates for a breast lift or a modification of a lift. #Asymmetric breast can be adjusted by adding or removing volume.  One side can be tightened more or less than another.

A mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. It is used for breasts which sag or droop (ptosis). Sagging of the breasts may occur with normal development for some women, or as part of the aging process. Pregnancy, breast-feeding and weight loss are other conditions which increase breast ptosis. Some patients will have a better shape to their breast such as increased superior fullness if an implant is used at the time of mastopexy. The procedure can also be combined with a minor breast reduction to reduce the breast width if desired. The surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the procedure will create nipple and areolae of the desired size and at the correct height. I prefer to  use a #shortscar technique, #LollipopScar or #DonutLift” rather than the majority of surgeons in the United States that use an anchor pattern lift which involve more significant scarring.

Breast lift with implants

From reviewing your photos, I would recommend small implants for fullness and a breast lift to remove the saggy skin.  Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Breast lift best done after pregnancies

You stated that what you wanted was more fullness and volume.  An implant is used for more fullness and volume. You did not state that you were concerned about the shape of your breasts.  Your breasts are asymmetric (note the fold near the breast plate is not the same on either side) and your nipples appear to be at the level in which your breast meets the upper abdomen (the inframammary fold).  This is minimal sagging.  A breast implant alone can help to mask this minimal breast sagging even though it does not actually move the nipple/areola higher on the chest.  The implant must be placed directly beneath the nipple and therefore the inframammary fold is often lowered somewhat.  This would make the nipple higher on the chest then the inframammary fold (because the fold was lowered) thus making the breasts look less saggy.  Breast lifts cause significantly more scars than a breast augmentation alone.  Your breasts may become saggy again after a previous breast lift or even more saggy without a previous breast lift due to a pregnancy.  A breast lift is much more difficult the second time.

So no breast lift.  Augmentation only.  First you did not state the shape was a problem (breast lifts fix sagging only and not volume).  Second you might sag more after your pregnancy and a second breast lift is significantly more difficult. 

Donato Viggiano, MD
Port Saint Lucie Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant procedure with lollipop scar

Thanks for submitting your photos. Regarding to your expectation I would offer you an implant procedure with lollipop scar  to achieve the desired result. Please consult with a plastic surgeon. Best Regards...

Ozge Ergun, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Lift or no lift

It depends on the look you are trying to achieve. If you like your current appearance implants alone such as the 410 anatomically shapped also known as the gummy bears maybe all you need. If you want a more perky look with you nipple areola complex higher on the chest with fullness on top you will need a breast lift.

Good luck!

Breast Lift

Breast lifts are typically done on patients who have had kids or have lot a lot of weight and have noticed a change in the position of their areola. Due to your desire to have children in the future you are better off waiting until after that to have a lift. A lift is a big operation you are better off only doing once, and after your done having children is the best time to do this. Implants will give you the fullness and volume you are looking for right now with a slightly lower nipple position that only you will notice out of a bra.

John W. Tyrone, MD
Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a lift?

Thank you for the question and pictures. Based on your photographs, I think you will be much better off undergoing breast lifting as well as breast augmentation surgery. I think you'll be happier with the short and long-term shape of your breasts doing so. Of course, you'll need to consider the trade-offs (such as additional scars) associated with the breast lifting procedure as you make your decisions. Best wishes.

Breast augmentation and lift question

Thank you for the question and the photos. Based on the information you provided, I would suggest doing just the implants for now. 

You have mild sagging and I suspect the implants alone will improve this ( but not fix it completely). Since you are planning on having children in the future, I would wait on the lift for now. You will most likely develop some more loose skin and sagging after pregancy / breast feeding. 

After having children, you can consider doing the lift in the future. 

You should have several consultations with board certified plastic surgeons before making any final decisions. 

As always, best to be healthy, no smoking, and make sure any health concerns you have are managed by your primary care md. 

Best to you.

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation

Thank you for your question and for posting appropriate pictures. You seem to be a good candidate for a breast augmentation. High Profile round implants will provide you with a bit of a lift and should give you the aesthetic you desire. I recommend you undergo Vectra 3D Imaging so you can "try on" different implants and see how they look on your frame. Please have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon with expertise in this area. Breast of luck! 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS