Do I need a lift, and if so, which would be best? (Photos)

Would a donut lift achieve my wish pics? Consults are raging and I'm confused. Round, smooth, silicone, 425-450cc's - Moderate profile, sub muscular. I would like minimal scar because c-sec scar became hypertrophic.

Do I need a lift, and if so, which would be best?

Thank you for the question and pictures.  Based on your pictures, I think you will benefit from a vertical or “anchor” breast lift; many of the previous responses have nicely outlined potential downsides associated with Benelli breast lifting in your case.

Generally speaking, breast lifting involves some degree of tightening and lifting of the breast skin envelope.  In order to tighten the skin envelope, skin excision is necessary;  this results in the presence of scars. 
Sometimes, the presence of scars is a “dealbreaker”;  patients would prefer to leave their breasts unchanged than to have scars. At other times, patients  prefer to have the improvement in breast position, shape, and (possibly) size  and are willing to accept the trade-off of scars.

My best suggestion: select your plastic surgeon carefully. Make sure that he/she has significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with.  Then, communicate your concerns/goals carefully as well. Best wishes 

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue… Breast augmentation surgery increases or restores breast size using silicone gel implants, saline implants or in some cases, fat transfer. One of the most popular and frequently performed aesthetic surgery procedures, breast augmentation has a long and successful track record in satisfying women who wish to enhance, regain or restore balance to their figures. At the first 3 to 5 months, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, feel swollen and also have bruises and open wounds, it is normal and that can happen for the first 3 to 4 months until your implants have settle in. I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support…

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Breast lift

Thank you for your question  There are three major types of breast lift. They are called doughnut lift, lollipop lift, and anchor lift. I mark you out with the Halpern breast marker which I invented. You would be a candidate for either a anchor or lollipop lift .  Blood loss is minimal, pain is minimal and recovery is fairly quick.

Joshua Halpern, MD, PA

Breast augmentation and lift, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I realize that you have very sagging and small breasts. In this regard, you need volume (implants) and projection (the lift): Breast Augmentation w/Breast Lift.
I recommend you to use microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection, and 450ml will be excelent on you, to fill the breasts properly.
Finally, to perform the breast lift I recommend a Periareolar Round Block Breast Lift ("Benelli mastopexy"), which has an unnoticed scar around the areola, and if we see (in the surgery) that we can't obtain adecuate projection just with the Benelli Lift, we have to perform a "Lollipop breast lift".
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Do I need a lift, and if so, which would be best

In my opinion you would need more than just an incision around the areola to give you the shape you desire. It, more likely, would be a lollipop lift

Julio Garcia, MD

I do not like the donut lift

Donut lifts are ok for tightening, but not for lifting.  My fear would be that it would flatten your nipple areolar complex and take away from the BEST shape you could get with a more formal lift.  I like the fact your implants are going under your muscle, but some of these decisions have to be made on the table in borderline cases like this.  In my hands, placing the implants submuscularly and then doing a circumvertical lift or an anchor lift would get you the best shape and result.  Your last "wish" picture was a formal lift with a vertical scar- look closely.  Hope this helps.-JGH

Donut lift

I was one of the first plastic surgeons in the United States to start performing Benelli lifts in the 1980s. I learned this procedure from Dr. Benelli  in France in 1985  It is one of the most common procedures in our clinic. You are not a candidate for a Benelli or donut mastopexy.  With the size implants that you want the pressure of the tension would give you worse scars.  With the amount of ptosis that you have, you need at least a lollipop lift to get you a better shape. 

Andrew Kaczynski, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon