Lift without implants possible? (Photo)

I don't mind having smaller boobs. My main focus is on have nice, firm, perky breasts. I am not sold on implants yet. Do you think I am a candidate for a lift without implants?

Lift without implants possible?

In truth, there's not a whole lot you could accomplish with a lift. You don't really have much volume or ptosis (droop) in a real way, although you're somewhat asymetric in the way your breast is shaped, mostly due to the left side which has some kind of "constricted breast" configuration to it with a higher fold underneath. If you weren't going to consider an implant, I'd try to dissuade you from doing anything as that would be the only thing you could do to significantly change your breast form

Lift without implants possible?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Breast Lift with or without Implants?

It really depends on how you define 'nice, firm, perky breasts.'  A breast lift is definitely an option and does not necessarily have to be paired with breast implants.  Should you elect to only have a bilateral breast lift, you could expect a more perky result with better breast symmetry, but it would not afford you additional firmness or fullness of the breasts.  By introducing an implant at the time of your breast lift, you would obtain not only more perky and symmetric breasts but you would also gain some additional volume and firmness/fullness.  

I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.  At the time of your consultation your surgeon will review your cosmetic goals in great detail and help determine the best surgical plan in order to achieve your desired result.  

I wish you all the best and I hope that I have provided you with some insight.

Breast Lift with or without Implants?

Can I do a lift without implants?

Thanks for your question and photo. I see some loose skin, deflation and volume loss. I can appreciate the desire for small breasts but in order to lift your breasts, I think a small implant would benefit you. Just lifting your breasts would make them a little smaller. I agree with the other surgeons in perhaps spacing out your surgery. You could have a lift and then if you felt your breasts were too small, you could then have implants placed. I recommend you see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for a consult. I wish you the best and I hope this was helpful.

Can I do a lift without implants?

LIft without Implants?

Your pictures show small breasts with some sagging and most of your breast gland below the IMF which is the lower attachment of the breast to the chest wall.   It is definitely possible to lift your breasts without implants as long as you are happy with the overall volume of your breasts.   Essentially you would end up with approximately B size breasts which I would describe as " athletic" type breasts.  You will not have significant upper pole fullness that you would get with a breast implant.   Consult a board certified plastic surgeon and bring a picture of your desired breast to guide your operating surgeon on how to achieve your ideal result.  

Carlin Vickery, MD (retired)

LIft without Implants?

Carlin Vickery, MD (retired)

Depends on what YOU

ultimately want. If you like the size of your breasts but want better shape and them lifted a little, then a mastopexy would work well for you. However, if you want some more volume and upper pole fullness, than an implant alone without a lift may get things done. In person consultation is only way to sort these things out for you.

Depends on what YOU

Breasts

In your visit with your plastic surgeon, you can recreate the look of a lift by pinching a bit of skin from the lower pole of the breasts.  This would lift the breasts slightly correcting the small amount of ptosis you have.  You could just undergo a lift by itself; however, in my opinion this is a lot of scarring for a minor change .  I believe your best option is to add a moderately sized implant with lift to correct asymmetries.  

Breasts

Breast aug

It's possible. you would require a physical examination to determine if your nipples is above your inframammary fold. I like to know what your goals are. We have special breast sizers that you can place in a bra and get an idea of what the different size implants will look like on you. Patients find this very beneficial. It's important to measure the width of your breasts to determine which implant you will need. I use the bloodless breast technique which I invented. Bleeding is minimal, typically there is no bruising after surgery, and recovery is quicker versus traditional technique. For more information please watch the enclosed video. I hope you find this information useful.

Breast aug

It's possible, but it depends on your desired size

Breast augmentation is not required with a breast lift, but it could give you the firm outcome you desire. Breast augmentation does not have to result in really large breasts, there are many size options. I would consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your goals.

Candidate for a breast lift

• If you have sagging breasts due to past pregnancies, genetics, weight loss, or aging.
  • If the sagging is expected to be present after an implant.
  • If your nipple-areolar complexes (pigmented areas around nipples) are enlarged or not similar.

Candidate for a breast lift

Lift Without Implants is Possible

A mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. It is used for breasts which sag or droop (ptosis). Sagging of the breasts may occur with normal development for some women, or as part of the aging process. Pregnancy, breast-feeding and weight loss are other conditions which increase breast ptosis. Some patients will have a better shape to their breast such as increased superior fullness if an implant is used at the time of mastopexy. The procedure can also be combined with a minor breast reduction to reduce the breast width if desired. The surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the procedure will create nipple and areolae of the desired size and at the correct height.
I prefer to use a #shortscar technique, #LollipopScar or #DonutLift” rather than the majority of surgeons in the United States that use an anchor pattern lift which involve more significant scarring.

Lift Without Implants is Possible