Do I need a Lift or is a Augmentation enough? (photos)

Are big Implants (arround 450cc) too big without a Lift? Can i get good results with an augmentation + lift? Is a Donut lift enough?

Augmentation Mastopexy Allows Greater Precision In Correcting Breast Asymmetries Than Augmentation Alone

The AP view of your breasts that you provide demonstrates that you have glandular breast ptosis with significant asymmetry between your breasts, the left being larger than the right, and the left nipple being lower than the right. Additionally, the areola of your breasts are rather large.

If your goal is to improve the shape of your breasts individually, as well achieve greater symmetry of nipple position and breast size, then you would be best served by having a smaller breast implant placed in conjunction with a mastopexy augmentation. This would leave you with a scar in the shape of a lollipop or an anchor.  It would also reduce the diameter of the areola at the same time. Placement of a very large breast implant by itself is unlikely to correct the asymmetries cited, nor will it significantly elevate the nipples, reduce the diameter of the areola, or improve the overall shape of your breasts. 

Based on the photos you posted, it appears that you would benefit the most from a lift with an augmentation.  The augmentation will give you the fullness that you are missing at the top of your breasts and the lift will remove the droopy breast tissue.  If you just want more fullness but don't mind having some of your own breast tissue hanging off of the implant, then an augmentation alone would suffice and you could do a donut lift to move your areolae to a more central location, but that won't do anything with droopy tissue.  You could always do that first and see how you feel about it and add the lift at a later time, but that means two surgeries and two recoveries.  If you did the lift at the same time, you could reduce the size of your areolae if that is something that concerns you.  Go see a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation and discuss your expectations.  You can learn your best options at that time and think about what you are really concerned with because it's your expectations that are going to help with your decision. ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Horndeski Method™

You are an excellent candidate for a technique called The Horndeski Method™.The breast tissue is reshaped creating upper pole fullness, elevated higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.The weight of the breast is transferred to the underlying muscle resulting in immediate pain relief.This technique avoids the ugly vertical scars of the traditional technique, maintains nipple sensation and the ability to breast feed.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Lift vs aug

After looking at your pictures I think you would do well  with just a straight forward aug.As long as your nipple is ABOVE the inframammary fold an aug is all you need.The inframammary fold is where your breast hits your chest wall.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation w/ Breast Lift candidate

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I realize that you have a moderate degree of sagging breasts and large areolas to your breast size.

In this regard, i recommend perform a breast lift with implants, to get bigger breasts with adecuate projection, therefore, I recommend you to use  "gummy bear" implants (texturized highly cohesive silicon implants), with high projection and volumes betwen 300-375ml.

Also, I recommend a "Lollipop Breast lift" with areolar reduction, to obtain an adecuate breast projection and areolas with smaller diameter, better adapted to the size of your breasts.

Otherwise, in my practice, in cases like yours make a donout lift is not enough to get a good result.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast Lift

Thank you for your question.  Based on your submitted photos you appear to be a good candidate for a breast lift with augmentation procedure to produce beautiful overall results.  Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon so that you can discuss your options and work together to create the surgical plan that will help you best achieve your overall desired goal look.

Best regards,
Dr. Lane F. Smith, MD
Plastic Surgeon
Las Vegas, NV

Lane Smith, MD

You will be fine without a lift

I feel that just breast augmentation with subglandular implants will give you nice result.  450 cc implant will work nicely. However weight of implant will also make you sag earlier.  Try to come down in your size selection. 

Vasdev Rai, MD

Lift vs Augmentation

Based on your pictures, which show a reasonable nipple position and nice skin tone, an implant alone will provide you with a lift by virtue of the fact that your skin envelope will be more full. I would advise against getting a lift simultaneously, and would take the wait and see approach. Over time the weight of the implants may cause the skin to stretch making a lift necessary.

Sandra McGill, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a Lift or is a Augmentation enough?

Even though in person exam is essential- it appears that you might benefit from an anchor breast lift with implants placed sub-muscular- if you want to increase the size of your breast. Your areola size can be reduced at the same time. This combination will give you a very perky, youthful look.

Breast augmentation alone or lift with augmentation.

You have several options for breast procedures. There is no one ideal procedure for a certain situation. Each option has benefits and shortcomings. The real key is for you and your surgeon to understand each other so he or she can deliver the look that you want. Without understanding what look you're going for I can't tell you what's the best procedure for you. If you like the size of your breast but want more cleavage and a better shape than a breast lift alone would be the best procedure. If you want a large breast at least a cup size larger and don't want scars on your breast than a large implant alone would be the best procedure for you. If you want a slightly larger breast and more cleavage than an implant a lift would be the best procedure for you. The key for you is to figure out exactly what you want and then see if the procedure that you're considering can deliver the look you want with scars you can live with.

Wendell Perry, MD