Follow-Up Question: Why is the left nipple higher than the right breast after 1 month? (photos)

I had a bl & ba a month ago. I would like to know why one nipple is higher than the other. I asked this question a few days but I didn't have enough pictures posted. Added more pictures in hopes of more detailed responses.

Post breast lift with augmentation

You are still early in the healing process after breast augmentation/lift. As the implants soften, settle and drop the breast shape will change along with cleavage. It can take 4-6 months before the implants look and feel like they belong to you. Be sure to keep any scheduled follow up appointments you have for his or her evaluation and advice . Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes,M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francsico Bay Area

#realself #breastaugmentation #breastlift #drdeanvistnes

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift and implants - why are nipples asymmetric

Thank you for asking about your breast lift and implants.
  • Here are possible explanations -
  • One implant is sitting much higher than the other - when it moves down into position, the nipple position may equalize.
  • Your breast creases are at different levels and the normal position for one nipple is a little different from the other. For a clue to this - look at your before photos - were the nipple positions the same or different?
  • Swelling is distorting the nipple position.
  • One nipple despite careful markings before surgery is a little higher than the other - if this is the reason, it can be adjusted with minor office surgery 6 - 12 months from surgery.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS