Will my left implant drop? (Photo)

I had a donut lift a month ago (July 12) and my left implant seems pretty high up. Ive massaged incessantly as directed by my doctor but I don't see any changes. I believe I have a seroma under the areola and also I feel air pockets on the outer side - could this be the reason the implant has not yet settled?

Implant settling

Despite having the same operation on both breasts, it is not uncommon for one to settle before the other.  Your right side looks excellent, thus I would expect the left to catch up....hopefully soon.  Any fluid or air should have been absorbed by now.  Often massage doesn't make a huge difference, but time does.  All the best with the rest of your recovery - I'm sure you will ultimately have an excellent result.

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

1 month post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Will My Left Implant Drop?

Thank you for this often asked question.  The answer to your question depends on whether your implant is above or below the muscle, whether you can feel the tip of the implant at the bottom of your breast, whether the pocket was dissected equally on both sides, etc. etc.
BTW, you appear to have had an excellent Benelli mastopexy (donut lift), therefore it would be a reasonable assumption that you went to a very well trained plastic surgeon, and therefore it would be reasonable to also assume that the pocket was completed dissected.
If the implant is above the muscle, then there is a possibility that the implant itself will drop into the bottom of the pocket as your breast tissue stretches out.  If the implant is below the muscle, it's been my experience that it is less likely to drop into the pocket.  If you can feel the bottom tip of the implant at or near the inframmary fold on your left breast, then it is merely the fluid that is being held upward but is encased in the implant, and therefore has a great chance of falling into the pocket as your breast tissue relaxes.  This process is often referred to as drop and fluff.
Obviously, the answer to all the above questions is best known to your personal plastic surgeon.  I suggest you call him or her to get their opinion on whether the implant has a reasonable chance of correctly positioning itself.  As for the air pockets at the bottom of the breast that you refer to, this is probably the space not filled by the major portion of the implant and would go along with an upwardly malpositioned implant that will cure itself once the implant drops and fluffs.  
If you were my patient, I would recommend an ace wrap or bando that goes over the left breast and under the right to gently force the implant downward.  This can be left on 24/7 and has a much greater chance of success than intermittent breast displacement massaging.  If, in fact, there is some scar tissue holding the implant upward, it has been my experience that the use of Accolate and ultrasound (the kind physical therapists use for sore muscles) will help soften scar tissue and increase the chance of the implant dropping.  

Will implant settle?

It is too early to know for sure. Things change for at least six months. The longer it stays high, the more likely it is to remain there. Continue massage and follow your surgeon's instructions. If unfortunately it does not lower enough, it can be improved with a short surgical procedure at a later date.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Will my left implant drop?

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure. Generally speaking, breast implants will "drop" into the pocket that was created during surgery. The rate of breast implant "settling" may depend on factors such as size of breast implant pocket dissected, tightness of the overlying skin/muscle layers, and size of breast implant utilized. Normally, it takes about 3-6 months (for some patients longer) to see the final result. It is very common for one side to settle faster than the other.  Best to follow your plastic surgeon for more specifics. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be pleased with long-term.

Implants settling

It can take several months for the implants to settle. Best to give it time.  Good luck with your results.

Will my left implant drop?

Seems to be an issue? But the ONE posted photo is very poorly done. Best to seek in person paid second opinions.