Am I needing to go under the knife again? My breast augmentation doesn't look right! (Photos)

After the breast augmentation I'm have wrinkles around my breast and the right one looks different and it feels loose, I can clearly touch my silicone I'm not happy ,when I lay down it goes almost under my arm, if I bend over it look really saggy wrinkled what should I do? There is any chance to get better over time or it needs to be fixed?

You may desire revision surgery

The pocket can be closed on the side to keep the implant out of the armpit. I wonder in your implants are above the muscle if so going below a good idea for more coverage. You incisions look poorly placed I wonder if you went to a board certified plastic surgeon. Consultation with a few board certified plastic surgeons is a good idea, good luck

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Capsular contracture

Hello. Thank you for your question to RealSelf. You appear to have capsular contracture (internal scarring) of the right breast implant resulting in scalloping of the implant. Not sure from your description but they appear to be saline. The problem may get worse over time. A revision surgery is needed to correct this issue. 

Good luck. 

Implant issue

If your implants slide too far over to the sides, then perhaps you need a pocket revision. Best of luck.

Implant outcome is expected with large saline implants

Thanks for your question and the photos. I'm sorry that you are unhappy. Your upright photo looks fine, but the lateral displacement is commonly seen with saline implants that are too large for your chest. The base diameter of the breast itself is the area where the breast implant must sit. If an implant is chosen that is too wide it will spill out into your arm pit area. The appearance looks more like saline. Without an exam, measurements, etc. it is hard to comment accurately. Switching to a HP silicone implant that is submuscular and performing a lateral capsulorrhaphy is often done in this situation. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Breast augmentation - doesn't look right

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.

• I am sorry you do not have the result you want.
  • The pocket is too large if the implant moves under the arm when you lie down.
  • The implant is showing through your skin if you have wrinkling when yo bend over.
  • This will not improve with time.
  • Correction is likely to mean removing these saline implants, making the pocket the right size and placing a gel implant - either in the same pocket or under the muscle.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Am I needing to go under the knife again? My breast augmentation doesn't look right!

Based on the wrinkling I see in the photos, I think that you have saline implants which are more likely to have visible and palpable wrinkling. I would suggest that you consider silicone implants. If your implants are in front of the muscle, then switching to behind the muscle will also help. If you are already behind the muscle, then the implant pocket will need to be adjusted to prevent lateral movement when lying down. Good luck!

You Really Need to talk to your Plastic Surgeon

I hope you went to a reputable plastic surgeon and not a CLINICA in Miami. It appears that you have saline, above the muscle implants and if that is the case then yes, you will have all of the above issues. Also, if you have asymmetry, you may have had asymmetry before the surgery and your doctor should have discussed this with you prior to your procedure. Good luck in your endeavors. It is always more difficult to fix a problem than to do the job correctly the first time.

Itzhak Nir, MD, FACS

You likely have saline implants and the implant pockets are very large. If you want to resolve this the best option would be to replace with silicone implants under muscle or silicone implants and revision of the implant pocket.

Siting upright your appearance is good.

Implant Rippling

Hello and thank you for the question and photos. Based upon these images your breast implants look like they are probably saline  and not silicon the implants also appeared to be placed above the muscle.Any implant can show signs of Rippling in the patient who is very thin. Generally speaking the silicone implants have less Rippling in saline implants. Above the muscle implants will show more Rippling than under the muscle. Having said that you don't appear to have a bad result either. I would take this time to discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon to go over possible options. One thing I would consider would be to go back and exchange the implants for textured silicone and possibly reposition them under the muscle and what is considered a dual-plane location. Fat grafting or alloderm are also an option but like everything that we do there are some risks to each option.As always best to be healthy, no smoking, and to make sure any health concerns you have are managed by your primary care physician.Best to you

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon

Based upon your series of posted photos the results appear very good. The minor complaints are part of any augmentation. But in person PAID second opinions from private practice boarded PSs in Miami might be needed.