Which kind of lift do I really need? I want an augmentation as well. (photos)

I can add more pictures if needed...I've gone on two consults so far, one told me I needed a lollipop lift and today a Dr. suggested an anchor lift?! I really don't want that many scars, and realistically, I don't want (or expect) my breasts to sit high up on my chest. I'm 30, and want a natural look. Of course, like most women, I'd like to avoid as much scarring as possible, but is an anchor lift really necessary?? I want to be a full D cup. I'm currently a 34 b or small c.

Breast lift with augmentation

Thank you for your question. You are a great candidate for a breast lift with augmentation. For the breast lift I would recommend a periareolar (donut) technique which can elevate and improve the position of the nipples, reshape breast volume, and improve symmetry.  Adding breast implants behind the lift will give you increased fullness and a much nicer shape, and is a great decision in this case.  I would recommend cohesive silicone gel (gummy bear) implants and placement behind the muscle. Many techniques exist in breast surgery, and combined lifting with augmentation is especially tricky.  The key is working with an expert, board certified plastic surgeon to get the best plan for you. Good luck!

Lift with or without implants

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift with augmentation such as silicone implants, you will get very nice results.

Patients who goes to a consultation for drooping breasts (ptosis) or volume loss after pregnancy (pseudoptosis) almost always have one very important question. "Can my drooping be corrected with just implants or do I need a lift".

Implants alone will correct drooping when:

1. Breast drooping is mild
  2. The nipple is still near the center breast and does not point downward
  3. There is some visible skin beneath the nipple/areola when looking at the breasts straight on.
  4. The patient is okay with being at least a cup size larger

A breast lift (with or without an implant) is better when:

1. Breast drooping is moderate or severe
  2. The nipple is at the bottom of the breast or points downward
  3. There is no visible skin under the nipple/areola when looking at the breasts straight on.
  4. The patient is already a C or D cup breast size and doesn't want to be larger
  5. The areola is too large and the patient wants it reduced

I also show the patient photographs of a spectrum of breast scar present after a breast lift in order to check their tolerance for this scar. Most patients are surprised how little the scar shows and are okay with proceeding. If the patient really needs a breast lift, but is concerned about the scars, I will suggest they wait on surgery. In time the breast appearance problems will usually outweigh their concern about the scars.

I use implants in combination with a lift when:

1. The patient wants to be larger in addition to being less droopy
  2. The patient desires to maintain projection and roundness of the breast mound
  3. The drooping is severe..... I recommend to see a board certified plastic surgeon for a personal evaluation and also to talk about your goals.

I recommend to make an appointment with a board certified surgeon for an evaluation and to talk abuot what kind of lift do you need and to talk about your goals.

Good luck :)

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Breast augmentation and lift candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I realize that you have very sagging and small breasts. In this regard, you need volume (implants) and projection (the lift): Breast Augmentation w/Breast Lift.
I recommend you to use microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection, and 550ml will be excelent on you, to fill the breasts properly.
Finally, to perform the breast lift I recommend a Periareolar Round Block Breast Lift ("Benelli mastopexy"), which has an unnoticed scar around the areola, and if we see (in the surgery) that we can't obtain adecuate projection just with the Benelli Lift, we have to perform a "Lollipop breast lift".
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast Lift with Implants

Hi Nicole, I agree!  Who would want all those cuts on your breast if they can be avoided.  Please put an index card in your breast fold. If your nipple is at the edge of the card or below, then you would be a candidate for a lift, either a vertical or anchor or areolar incision. If your nipple is above the edge, you could be a candidate for an internal lift called the dual plane. The video below explains the dual plane internal lift.  I also attached an article from a peer-reviewed journal to give you an even better idea.  I believe the dual plane and implants alone will do it for you, and that you will not need a lift. Be sure to seek a consultation with a BC PS to be sure. All the best, “Dr. Joe”

Which kind of lift do I really need?

Hello and thank you for the photos. You are actually a great candidate for any short scar lift. I do not think an anchor lift is necessary. Taking into account the size you that eventually want be, and your personal preference as far as scars, my procedure of choice would be a Donut Lift with the correct size silicone gel implants under the muscle. The correct size implant is chosen after a careful physical evaluation as well as using sizers to have a general idea of the outcome. 

Best of luck on your procedure!                                                                                                                                  

Dr. Miguel Mota

Miguel Mota, MD

Which kind of lift do I really need? I want an augmentation as well.

Thanks for the questions. If you desire a one and done option than my over the internet guess is 350 cc moderate + implants with full lift. If you might try another concept - first surgery only implant placed in dual plane in a larger volume/size (like 450 cc moderate +). Wait 3 months to see if a second operation of a donut or L-shaped or full lift is needed. You might avoid the lifting scars in this option ut you also might not. Best to se a few more in person opines with ONLY boarded private practice PSs in South FL. 

BREAST LIFT WITH IMPLANTS

Hello. You do need a breast lift with the correct size implants. Since you wish to end up with a D-cup, then the implant size will determine the surgical technique. The two best options would be either a, inverted T or anchor scar or the Lollipop technique. During consultation, you are able to try on the implant sizers and choose the correct size implant depending on the "look" you want to end up with. Then the technique is chosen, depending on the amount of skin "pocket" that is needed to accommodate the chosen implant. 

Jaime Caloca, Jr., MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Lift with Implants

Based on your photos you are borderline for a lift.  I would have the breast augmentation and wait on the lift.  You can always have the lift another time, if needed.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Augment, possible lift

You appear borderline- implants alone may give enough lift by themselves. I would recommend a possible lift, to be determined during surgery once the implants are in. Usually, some type of short scar lift can be added- which is not as bad as it sounds since you will have a scar to place the implants anyway.

Another option is implants only and waiting several months for a lift if necessary.

Either way, you need to feel comfortable. Further exams and consultations with plastic surgeons are recommended to discuss your options and expectations. 

Maybe, maybe not

Only a proper physical exam would give a surgeon a definite answer. I understand and agree with the scarring at 30yo, a anchor scar is excessive for you, it appears you have some mild ptosis(sagging), but have more glandular ptosis than true nipple ptosis(common in thin females). You may be a case that you can get away with no lift or only a donut lift(around the areola, NO vertical scar) if you go with an anatomical implant in a dual plane technique. I recommend another few consultations until you find a surgeon you are comfortable with and will give you the look you desire with as few scars as possible.